How'd it go today?

We just bought a new Sienna (Toyota) it has some big JBL system in it. At least now we can drown the kids out with music.

Today was swell. We took down a broken spar of a maple without crushing any of the customers azaleas, rhododendrons, hostas, etc. We used just about every rope I own, the GRCS and the porta-wrap.

woke up late, took the wife to the beach for a walk with junior then fish and chips on an outdoor patio for lunch, followed by a bit of gelato for her and a walk back to the car. visited my parents for a bit, lasagna for dinner, now chilling out for the evening. :)

a good day.

Attachments

• Sept 1, 2008 001.jpg
    Sept 1, 2008 001.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Sept 1, 2008 016.jpg
    Sept 1, 2008 016.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Sept 1, 2008 002.jpg
    Sept 1, 2008 002.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Sept 1, 2008 006.jpg
    Sept 1, 2008 006.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Sept 1, 2008 022.jpg
    Sept 1, 2008 022.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 10
hahaha my wife used to keep a bib on trevin all the time to, cant get his clothes dirty

Painted some fence this morning for my bro.

I just met to give a bid, lady was wacko. She had 3 picture perfect trees, 2 maple, one beech, she insisted they needed to be trimmed. I asked her what her goal was, "trimmed" she told me. She's says they are getting to big, I asked her to big for what, sky's the limit hunny. She just wanted something cut. I told her to leave them. She was getting on my nerves, and her husband was on my side shaking his head. I told her I can make her wallet lighter but the tree's perfect. Waste of time probably. She does have a root damaged maple I gotta bid on, but we'll see.

She also wanted to make sure I have "one of those things that bring you in the air". I guess buckets mean you know what your doing, so I said yep, but it might be broke the day I show up if you hire me. :)

I was up in the bucket today working, kicked the tools on, the lever broke off in my hand. I couldn't reach down to kick the tools off, and can't move the boom with the tools on, so I had to get someone to set me down with the lower controls. All the excitement I got for the day.

cabled a POS maple and cranked my hand saw into my thumb small cut lots o blood:O

Well, I just ended this day off by running over a freakin rabbit crossing the road on my moped. I don't know the odds of that every happening again in my lifetime. It was sad and halarious at the same time.

I couldnt find who killed Thumper so who killed Bambi will have to do...Sex Pistols
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XODRXWJJDYM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XODRXWJJDYM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well, I just ended this day off by running over a freakin rabbit crossing the road on my moped. I don't know the odds of that every happening again in my lifetime. It was sad and halarious at the same time.

People on Mopeds are just so insensitive!:D

Mama got us hooked up with digital cable. That ROCKED!! Until I had to hook it up!!! Pay the $50!! Trust me!!!

The funeral was very nice. One of the grandsons drove his wife in his restored '70 Mustang ( the casket matched the car) there and to the burial.
Simple service, I was amazed at how many thanked me for coming.
Had to go back to work for a bit, but other than having to talk to the big boss, Inever got out of the truck. Not a bad deal.
I went out for drinks with the grandfather of the four year old. She is out of ICU, maybe out of the hospital in the next day or two. VERY GOOD!!!
I hope I can finally sleep tonight, that would be even an better to a not so terrible day.

Got up sicker than a dog this morning! Threw up all morning! Went to work, everything was going well and running. I came home and went back to bed.
Hour later, back to work. One saw blew up, blew up BAD!! Same problem we had two days ago and $1700 later they said it was fixed! They are coming back.
Back home, back to bed. Hour and a half later, they call aking how to fix something.
I should have just stayed there!

I did a couple of bids this morning and have an appt. at 1:30 to have my brakes looked at. The right front started making grinding noises yesterday.

More palm trees today, big condo job for one of my contractors, He has 10-11 guys there all week and I spent yesterday and today there mostly taking care of the palm trimming. Stuck my hand into a paper wasp nest and they got me good. After about 15 minutes the back of my hand went numb and this is what it looks like 4 hours later. I guess I'd better go take some Benadryl.

And I'm not telling how I worked the camera with no hands. ;) :lol:

Damn, Brian...that looks nasty. I stepped on a yellow jacket ground nest in my back field just after we got back from Idaho last week...they got me 8 or 10 times between my ankles and knees. The sting/swelling wasn't bad, but ye gods the itching for days afterwards was horrid.

Just went and did a couple more bids. Nothing very spectacular. Damm Brian, looks pretty swollen. Never heard of paper wasps. I got stung by yellowjackets on the roof of my house a couple of times in the stomach through my shirt.

Lil tip...if you can catch a bunch of live yellowjackets and put them in vodka, it makes for a good local antiseptic for the itching from insect stings. They have to be alive when tossed into the juice. Cap it and store for future use.

The sawmill guy who slabs up my logs taught me that, and gave me some. I find that it works well on mosquito bites too. He didn't say how to catch the live yellowjackets. The medicine smells bad for sure.

Thanks for the tip, Jay, but I don't drink any more. I can't handle it. ;)

Steve, just regular wasps. They make a nest that is an open hive design and it looks like it's made out of paper.

Back