How'd it go today?

I have a pick up truck for sale and a family friend wants to buy it for her daughter.
soooo, I checked it out a bit more throughly and realized that the entire front end needed to be re-built. Damm. new drag link, pitman arm and all ball joints, then the alignment. got every thing done with minimal skin lost, got in the truck and the ABS light is on. Re-centered the ABS unit, cleared the codes and now it seems to be fine. Too tired to put new pads and shoes on and flush the fluid, do that next week.
106 today, crappy day to be wrenching on heavy iron.

I did a hazard report and dead wood on a 68'' red oak. The tree will need 2 rods & some cables

Another miserably hot day. Start early, don't break for lunch and try to get done early. We were done about 1:15 today and it was in the mid 90s. This time of year it doesn't pay to work long days, you just end up worthless and unproductive the next day.

I took down a massive (for this area) laurel oak yesterday. 80'-90' tall, 70' spread and about 36"dbh. Stump cut was 6.5' across. Fortunately that one was front yard with no real obstacles other than the house behind it. We had that one down and cleaned up by 2pm. I can't wait to get my new 395XP for the big wood and quit beating up on my hotrod 372s.

I kilt a tall ass pine and a rock hard hickory - lots of roping on the latter. Tomorrow I get to repeat the exact thing.

Decent sized ash tree in a grave yard today- alot of rigging and targets. Shared the climbing which was cool, i rigged the crown then Bob blocked the stem down. Gave us the ability to finish the tree in one day as we could both really go for it without risk of burning ourselves out.

I'll post some pis in the work pic thread

Cake job today and tomorrow.... Brushing job and the homeowner is doing the draggin with his tractor.. cut the crap and pile it next to your work area... hit 100 or so today... so I am greatful after the terrain we been in all week. So was the crew... they worn out... Chipper still not ready so I advanced this customer into the spot. They happy and will have check in hand tomorrow. Keeps adding to the job too... :) Just more bucks... We on hourly on this one... DR field mower made some money too... Cut a lot of brush with it some 7 feet tall and 2 1/2" at the base... Homeowner impressed... That machine was one of my best investments...
Poison oak was all dead too from their spraying it. Came out of the rocks in awesome time ... Barely had to run chainsaws on thins one... Just brushers, loppers and the DR. Awesome day...
And tomorrow after work .... VACATION! The fish be calling!

I have one of the first DR mowers. Sure is a nice machine. Better than any other brush/weed cutter I have used. Mine has a broken axle part on it right now. Guess I should get it fixed.
What HP is your engine?

I am tired! Just plain BEAT! Been too much going on, and too little sleep this week!
The young girl is moving out of ICU tomorrow!:) That is GREAT news!!

I got a call at 5:30am on the way to work. A friend of mine that I went to school with. And his two nephews, both of which I was the best man at their weddings.
His dad, their Grandpa, died this morning. None of them are taking this well. He was the "director" of the family. They are all pretty tore up. Been out talking with them most of the night tonight.
This is bad news!

I have one of the first DR mowers. Sure is a nice machine. Better than any other brush/weed cutter I have used. Mine has a broken axle part on it right now. Guess I should get it fixed.
What HP is your engine?

17 Hp Kawasaki... I also run both the string head and heavy duty blade..
Thing kicks butt and will run on a 20 percent grade... especially with the differential locked ....
I also own the tow behind for the big pastures we do.. Quad died though so I have not used it this year.. I think I would have been better off with two walk behinds...

I found the string head on the DR all but useless. String snaps way too easily, and the cutting swath is puny. I now just use the blade.

Lot of folks have told me they were unhappy with the quality of the tow behind dr mower

weather cooperated on opening day of elk and buck season, jumped a few buck but no meat. always a good day when you see multiple bucks here8)

Just returned my bottles and cans, got almost 24 bucks, I'm rich!
We had plans for camping this weekend, but people got sick and the plans fell through. Drew was disapointed so we're having a fire and sleeping in a tent in the backyard tonight.

I am deadwooding some OLD Sugar Maples, large spreaders next to historic farmhouse...one is in such bad decline that I am sure this stop gap measure will probably only buy this tree a few more years ...

So far so good, got little bub out of bed about 0730 and took him back to our bed, put him between us and played a game of 'grab daddies face and try to hurt him', which amused mother. Then when Bub turned after about 10 minutes of this he saw mom was right behind him and decided he was hungry RIGHT NOW. and began wailing, mommy gave him what he wanted, quick.
They went to the barn so wife could teach a riding lesson, I cleaned up a bit more around here after yesterdays get together, now cooking a few leftover Brats and eating some lefties. With a nice rum and coke zero with many ice cubes and a twist of lemon.
:)

and I am off tomorrow too, nice nice nice.

Fueled up all equipment, cleaned up my saws. Organized all my gear. Made a list of gear that needs to be replaced and some extras that are needed.

Stocking up on some supplies in case Hanna joggs this way. Not really looking forward to a disaster as I'm swamped already and my number one groundie is still out with a broken foot.

I went to Best Buy and got a radio/CD player for my pickup. The pickup originally came with a GM AM only radio that didn't work. It was in the square cubbyhole spot. The guys at bestbuy put the radio where the old cubbyhole was and made a new cubbyhole.

Attachments

• johnhansen (Medium).jpg
    johnhansen (Medium).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 6
My pimpmobile had a $2000+ sound system.

Attachments

• amps.JPG
    amps.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 25
  • subwoofers.JPG
    subwoofers.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 7
MB, I am still awaiting your thoughts on how to boost the system in my truck, I dont want to change the head unit but I am thinking maybe a bass toob under the back seat mighe help, that and an amp and new speaks for the four corners...

Back