How'd it go today?

I killed three rotten laurel oaks today. Two of them were overhanging a coy pond with a fountain. They had tarps and plastic stretched out over the pond to keep the sawdust intrusion down but it still got covered. I broke the walkway when a chunk bounced off of a nub, and I broke the curb jumping off a long limb that was farthest from my reach. Otherwise I would have had to move the truck to finish the tree. Oh well, I still got paid. It was just Dave and I working together with no other ground help. The Bobcat guy showed up and hauled two 20 yard loads of wood. I'm whooped.

Good day today, sold a bunch more work. Got a couple jobs now where I'm gonna have to leave the bucket on the curb and saddle up. It'll be good for me if I can remember how.:D

I bought 5 pairs of carhartt jeans and 5 of the 7.5oz pants at the same time a year ago or so.

Now I know of 2 people that buy 10 pair of pants at once. I guess if you had to travel to get them or else you were headed into the bush for awhile but buying ten pair at once just seems a bit strange to me. Each to his own, as always!:)

Agreed 10 pairs would cost me way more dough than I like slapping down on clothes at once. But heh maybe us Canadian's are just strange that way.:D

Worst part is.. When I ordered those 10 pairs, 1 pair of the 7.5oz pants got backordered. Sorta forgot about the other pair, then 2 months later another package shows up. 4 more pairs of the 7.5oz pants shows up. I was supposed to only get one pair. I called them, they said they screwed up and would send me a ups label. I never got it and have been wearing them every since. In reality I got 13 pairs for the price of 10. :P

Carl, I buy the Carhartt's with the double leg (second layer of material from below the knee to the bottom of the front pocket). The crotch is always the first thing to go.

Carl, I buy the Carhartt's with the double leg (second layer of material from below the knee to the bottom of the front pocket). The crotch is always the first thing to go.

My son would always rip the crotch of his pants until I started picking up the jeans available at TSC (Tractor Supply)....they have a 3-4" square patch in the crotch that makes ALL the difference in the world in how they fit. You might look for that feature, I would think other work pants would have that choice...if not...they should. These were Schmidt.

Had to go to the internal revenue office over here, got called in to show proof that I pay my US taxes, which I can deduct from the Japanese ones, and do. What a joyful experience! On the way home I stopped in at a Bob's Big Boy restaurant, they have been opening up over here.
It's the first time I've been in one of those places since high school, and was looking forward to a blast from the past, plus one of their good boigees and onion rings. No burger even on the menu, and seaweed soup at the soup bar, I was bummed. Not sure what the deal is, but something was definitely lost in the translation. Got to my shop at 3:30PM, went to sleep.

Grab me a bowl of katsudan next time you go!
168.gif

Yep, those two dishes are good old standards. The great thing about them is that at every place that serves those, the taste is a little different. The katsudan is basically thick slices of tender pork (roast part), that is dipped in beaten egg and bread crumbs, deep fried, then served over rice. It's pretty easy to whip up. Good Yakisoba takes some experience, and home made never tastes as good as what you get at a restaurant or bar. Everybody loves yakisoba, some like the soft noodles and some like the deep fried noodles. I like the deep fried crunchy ones myself. You can usually order it either way. Gettin' hungry?

My wife gets Yakisoba here when we go for sushi, she doesnt dig the raw fish.

edit: so my wife is currently watching equestrian stuff from the olympics, apparently 4 of the ponies tested positive for banned substances :roll:

Aside from going out to a clients house and getting a hung tree down (15 minutes top), I'm done for the day!

Whoot

I'll probably get a late lunch (had Hardee's on the way in) and slay the tree. Be back by 4 so I can watch my SciFi!

Tree was cake, 5 minutes on site, 2 of those were walking to and from the tree. Got the hitch installed on my Civic, should be good to tow the RG50 now.

Reminds me of what my best friend told me 20 years ago (as we passed by a 4WD Pinto parked next to a mailbox perched atop a tractor motor crankshaft)-
"A redneck with a welder is a dangerous thing!"

Back