How'd it go today?

Ha that was sarcasim at its finest.

I'll be towing the axles back, that's about as heavy as I'll go.

If the need presents itself, I'll build a lite weight trailer to maximize payload.

Decent day, I didn't "threaten" another employee, nor did I get written up for doing so.

I bought a PS3 tonight and the prologue to Gran Turismo 5.

I think I need to spend a little less time with humans.

Agreed 10 pairs would cost me way more dough than I like slapping down on clothes at once. But heh maybe us Canadian's are just strange that way.:D

There's no maybe about it.... and strange is putting it lightly.:P

Sorry Squishy, no way I could resist that one.:D

I didn't do much today. My contract climber guy did 5 trees at the condo job and I did a couple of bids and went and chipped a whole truckload of brush at the condo job.

I bought a PS3 tonight and the prologue to Gran Turismo 5.

Cool Andy, I have seen the previews for that online, I have GT ,2,3 and 4. Havent bought up the PS3 yet as thats about the only game I would play on it if I had the system. let me know what you think of it wouldya? I am a driving game (gran turismo mainly) nut. I even bought the steering wheel and brake/gas pedal rig fo GT4.. :D

Hay campers..

Poured with rain so I delivered woodchips to a horse arena.. STACKS of them!!

Ground a stump this morning and now I'm trading trucks and gonna go knock the dead top outta a birch. Easy friday, just the way I like em.8)

You ground a stump Brendon?

I did, 23 in 2.5 hours, the last stump took 40 minutes, it was a big ole fawker.

Done for the day like the last two fellas :)

Cool Andy, I have seen the previews for that online, I have GT ,2,3 and 4. Havent bought up the PS3 yet as thats about the only game I would play on it if I had the system. let me know what you think of it wouldya? I am a driving game (gran turismo mainly) nut. I even bought the steering wheel and brake/gas pedal rig fo GT4.. :D

If you are a TRUE GT nut (as I am, I agonized for months waiting for 4 to come out:lol:) BUY IT!!!!! The prologue is harder though, very limited cars, and NO tune shops:cry: I have to complete four more races in the C class to unlock the B class. Ten races total in the C class. But they now have penalties, if you try to out brake someone and hit them, cut across the grass, slam into someone etc., you will loose power for however long it sees fit!!
I cannot wait for the full blown version, this is going to be a great game!! The graphics on the new TV are nothing short of incredible! They included Daytona this time, you can see the cracks in the asphalt!!!!
It's a chunk of change, but it's an awsome blu-ray player as well. So that is how I sold it, same way with the PS2, it was the best DVD player on the market at the time.
Set up is a bear, I am not done yet, I still have to make a CAT5 cable to hook to my router so I can get the wifi working and do the system updates. I already have an hour and half of time in it.
I have tried three different wheels, I am much better with the controler (Using joysticks) than I am with the wheel.
The wireless controlers are unstopable from what I have seen. The ife can stand right in front of me and it works like a champ! They just take forever to charge.
I am impressed, can you tell?

How did you load it, D?

With MINING equipment..The people beside me have machines for sale..

i had the choice of a 2 foot bucket or a (monster) 20m bucket, the bucket is bigger than my truck, but i loaded 8 loads real quick!!

Soccor with the kids today, its SATURDAY!!

chain.gif

Today sucked.

I've been going hard on TDs all week, woke up sore as hell, got to the job and realized I forgot my spiking boots so I had to go back and get'em. Naturally it was a contract job. Went up to finish off a mostly dead, big white oak in a tight backyard, rigged out a few last vertical leads and for some reason just COULD NOT get myself settled to finish the top.... I mean I must've spent 20 minutes trying to get a position to pitch the top sections.

After that was finally done and I was on the stem cutting the last 5' off the bottom bole and I nipped my lanyard... not bad, but I cut my damn lanyard... it pissed me off.

Two chunks of stem lower and I'm trying to take one last section with my 200 w/ a 14" bar... it was in the neighborhood of 25" in diameter. I was getting pretty tired and I was still pissed at myself about the lanyard. I was sweeping out the right side (left handed) and let go with my right to push and I let the saw jump out of the cut and catch my right wrist. Goooodddddammit! I was waaay too pissed to even think about it hurting. It wasn't bad, turned some skin to hamburger but didn't open any big veins or anything.

So then I run out of gas and they send me up this saw, not my 440 but this dinky ass Stihl 250 with a supposedly just sharpened chain... and an 18" bar. Might as well have just gassed the 200 but I go to work on the next piece... the chain was throwing powder and the saw had no ass at all... without getting into details, that next chunk took 15 minutes to pitch.... so did the last one. It was the climbing equivalent of a really bad hair day. At least I got paid in cash.

To top it off I went to pickup a check from a job I did on credit last week, didn't look at it closely enough because when I got to the bank I realized it was made out to my dba name, not MY name so I couldn't deposit the damn thing.

:X:X:X:roll:

I'm gonna go take a bath.

Blinky, deposit that check in the bank ATM after hours. If it's like my bank, those deposits get processed first thing in the morning and (at least in my experience) nothing ever gets checked or verified. I've deposited checks not made out to me, checks with no signature (once, years ago) and checks from out of town that all get cleared with no holds or questions.

Crappy day ended a hard week. Worked away contract climbing mon and tues, then a 3 hour drive to my sisters to help her move house on wed. Back home and some nice work thurs followed by today which consisted of customer hassle and no work completed :(

At least the new pretty lady in my life is coming to visit for the holiday weekend so i'm ending the week on a real high :)

I went and did a small backyard climb in a pecan tree and then went about 20 miles and ground a stump from wednesday's job. Easy day here too. Called the customer up while my guy was cleaning up after the stump to see if I could come over and pick up the check, and he said he already mailed it this morning. He had foot surgery on wednesday at the VA hospital in Menlo Park and he wanted to make sure I was paid as he was afraid he was would be messed up on pain stuff. He took a bayonet in that foot in Vietnam.

Back