How'd it go today?

Spent day custom trimming for high ender,went hourly so he could pick and choose all day without f,ing up my bid ,or recalculating at the end for add ons.Went sweet drove out with check in pocket!

Not too bad today .I got that 50 year old saw running,first thing .Then split about 3/4 cord of oak with my baby electric splitter . Not too bad for an old coot .;)

Now 'tis time to kick back on the patio with a cold refreshment .

I looked at a couple jobs and fielded a couple phone calls today. Even without Dave I've got most of this week booked already. Just plugging along.

Last night I had to bring the lady to the airport at 3:30. On the way home I almost crashed 3 times, decided to open all the windows and freeze instead. Made it home and slept till noon. Gave the Ford a nice interior Simple Green wipe down, vacuum, and washing. Took the scooter for a ride, and put springs on my buddies xr50.

This coming week is filled with little dinky jobs, 500 here, 600 there, BLEH. Hopefully the chip box will be done.

I actually worked today. Reduced the height on 4 eucs and it was one of my rare no-cleanup jobs. The guy is an acquitance of mine and I went to high school with his wife. She was really cute and is holding up pretty well. She goes to the bank to get my money and when she returns she is going to hand her husband the money and he is in the middle of telling us this story about a gal who drives water truck at the same construction site that he has been working at. She is standing behind him as he is talking about the f---ing bitch and his wife finally stuck the money in his back pocket. I tell him "that was embrassing" and he says "ah, she's used to it".

Well............................
This weekend has been, odd:?
TWO weeks, I have scheduled this weekend off. Yes, I aparently have to do that now. We had a party planned for today.
Bubba got singed up with "My gym" on Saturday mornings. My God does he have a BLAST!! We went to that and did some shopping, ate lunch and the boy got tired.
We came home, I put him to bed and the wife went shopping.
Work calls? I told them I was off and to call the other guy. Two hours later they call back. They are lokin for parts and the other guy swears we don't have them and wont even show up to look?
I call my mom, she comes over, I am at work for ten min. and have the parts, twent min. later all is running well.
Yes, I am PISSED!:X

Prepped all the meat last night, seven Ribeye's, seven Sirlion's, and ten pounds of hamburger (my famous "Jack burgers)
We didn't have everyone we had hopped show up, but it was a nice day. The crowed filtered in and out so we got to spend quality time with everyone.
Work didn't call, as I had expected them to, and I got to spend about 45 min. on the 1100 Honda Shadow:P The owner got scared, but didn't say jack after I told him it got filled before I came home:D

Man that was nice:)

working tomorrow for a bud that needs help to finish a big job. The rest of the week is empty, thank hayzeus!
Today the inlaws came down and delivered the bbq they bought us as a 5th wedding anniversary gift, KICK ASS, 84,000 BTU 5 burner, infrared rotisserie and a outboard hotplate burner. stainless steel rig, they said it was like $800. It took me about 3 hours to build it and fire it up. wicked unit, pics to follow soon.

havent had a BBq steak in a year due to our patio being off limits with our building renovation, they are almost done, its ALMOST back to normal life around here.... sigh, its been a LONG time coming, seriously.

I still have tennis elbow, carpal tunnel & two cracked ribs, all on my left side (I'm a lefty) that won't heal up. Every time I get close to being out the other side of it, a big job comes up. Poor me !!! Git to work.
:cry:

Good day, got a hurry up job done in time and a promise to get payed quickly, then a call from a good friend to pick him up at the airport when he comes into town next week....but then it turned bad when the two cans of cold beer I had purchased on my way home at night, slipped through the flimsy plastic bag they put them in when hanging from my handlebars, and both exploded when they hit the pavement. Cans must be getting flimsier or something. I tried to drain down what I could, but got more on me than put inside. Bet I looked kind of ridiculous doing that...two beers fizzling all over the place, and me at the side of the road trying to drink it down as quick as possible at the same time. Oh why oh why didn't I put those brewskys in my backpack :cry:

I smashed out some big azz cottonwoods today, what a blast. I love no clean-up jobs. Homeowner is supposed to be e-mailing me some pics too :). Also landed a strata removal job that I didn't think I had a hope in hell of getting(I bid so high) so that's gonna go good I'm sure. And I'm getting calls from all sorts of high end clients right now. Looks like by holding my line and demanding good pay for good work I've managed to market myself towards my target clientele. People with money!:D

I love the calls that are 'just come and do it then bill us' rather than the nitpickers.8)

Boy today was rough!

Rolled up to todays job at 9, a hughely asymetrical oak growing smooth over a house, a wooden deck that was under all of the tree except the last 10' of one limb. The tree was dead as a doornail, had to set the lift up about 25' from the tree at the edge of the wooden part of the deck.

Long story short, 11:30 rolled around and I left with $450. I stopped and ate lunch, drank 5 quarts of water with my club and cookie, gave a bid and came home.

Boy I hate when days go like that.

Back