How'd it go today?

I worked on another apartment complex job. 25 trees, I hired a contract climber to do the trees that can't be done with the bucket. He seems kind of slow but does a really nice job.

The other two finger were a LOT worse than I had figured, the first finger was cut right at the cuticle of the fingernail, and the third was cut on the side of the finger.
The one with all the work done to it, well ugly desn't even begin the description. I lost half the nail and the Doc. seems certain it wont fill back in.
All because I was stupid!

I lead such a charmed life:lol:

Feeling any better?

Feeling any better?

Funny you ask:lol:
I am still "not released for work" yet, but...............

I was getting a part ready for our Saturday night shift party, don't ask. Tightnening some 1/2" bolts. The wrench slipped off andI shoved my index finger (the one that got it the worst) into a 16T 1.25" chain gear. right on the point:cry:
I don't think I need to say much more.

Damn. I was going to complain about my leg hurting (per Darin's injury thread suggestion)....but after THAT mental picture I think I'd better just keep quiet. Heal soon!

Do you think one of those cushioned finger splints might protect the tip when you KNOW you're likely to jam it?

Damn. I was going to complain about my leg hurting (per Darin's injury thread suggestion)....but after THAT mental picture I think I'd better just keep quiet. Heal soon!

Do you think one of those cushioned finger splints might protect the tip when you KNOW you're likely to jam it?

NO!!!! (I'm an idiot with things like that)
My mother suggested the same thing. It's a nice theory, really. But I suck at sitting still, and I seem to suck worse at worring about myself as I do getting the job done. (I really need to work on that last one!!).

You are too much dude.

I worked on my apartment job again today. Trimmed 3 Modesto Ash and 5 Locust trees and took out a Fig tree. Should finish on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today just sucked!!!
Drank too much and got to bed to late last night. Got called in at 6:15am, home a little after 10am. They called "little buddy" but he told them I was on call. Then he had the nads to call me at 8:30 to make sure I showed up and had it under control? Yeah, that was a nasty conversation!!
THEN he called wanting a ride in tonight? (We all had to go in)
Fine, he's not going to use me for an excuse, I told him I would pick him up at 9:20pm, he told me where.
I get there, he's nowhere? I waited until 9:30 and left. TEN MINUETES latter he texts me, "hey bro, did I miss you?" Ya think????????????? "Yeah, 9:20 means 9:20, not 9:40"
I asked the boss if he wanted to get him, he got a block and it pissed him off also, so he came back.
The 'tard did show up, and wanted to kiss my butt the whole time, he still cat get why I am mad?

Anyway, finally got the chip collector back together a bit after 1am. I'm beat!!! And I am still not released for work! Pretty cool!:X

We had a 'lil weather blow through here last night and this is what I saw on my way to work this am.

Attachments

• root-ball 003.jpg
    root-ball 003.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 8
  • root-ball 002.jpg
    root-ball 002.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 7
Yea, it fell just perfect into the neighbor's yard. It's gonna be a can o worms for sure.

Got home today from a wicked weekend party on the Russian river.

Here's some pics.

Attachments

• 028_1024x768.jpg
    028_1024x768.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 038_1024x768.jpg
    038_1024x768.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 044_1024x768.jpg
    044_1024x768.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 7
  • 049_1024x768.jpg
    049_1024x768.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 054_1024x768.jpg
    054_1024x768.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 7
Cool Deva, I love canoeing the Russian River. I love that section and the one above Healdsburg too. I wish I was there with you. We have a good river here too but you just can't top a redwood and winery lined river that has you end up in a cool little hippie town.

i like seeing the turtles on that run. i hear the waters pretty low down there? were still running higher than normal here

How'd that job go ? Didja make it jump back into the hole ? It's kinda dicey to do it like that, but sure minimizes the clean-up.

Butch said he was driving by on his way to work and spotted it, TC.

I crushed a ms660 when the root ball flipped back into the hole last summer.

Had the bar buried in wood so I did not have enough time or room to pull it out as the root ball slooowly flipped back into the hole. All I could do was first franticly try and pull it out, then just sit back on my heels and watch my beautiful saw get crushed like the car crusher in the auto wreaking yard

BOO!!!!!!:lol:

Yeah, another interesting day! I really am getting to love my job:?
My boss is out of town, "stress boy" thinks he wants to run the place, I'm still not talking to "Gilligan" on second shift and I had a doc. appointment. And again, wasn't released for work. I came back and they asked for the slip so I gave it to them and went about my buisness.
An hour later I am in the office. "Andy it shows here you are not released, we have the safety guy calling the doc. right now to see whats going on, but it looks like we are going to be sending you home!"

WHAT???????????????????? You just now figured this out? I've been out for over a week you morons!!!!:O

UUUUHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting for a call as to whether or not I go in. I guess I have a week ti pick out a new tv?

Edit: I just got called and given the all clear. I am released with restrictions again.

Ouch. They're an endangered species.

Today was a good day. We finished early and everyone climbed. My 19 year old climber chunked down a spar with a 440 that didn't get crushed.

I raise a toast to the fallen 440:beerchug:

Ran into a SNAFU this afternoon, in a big way!!
Had the boy home and the guy with the Bobcat came to pickup the pumps and drop off the hydro. motor (don't ask!!). He left and Bubba told me he had a poppy diaper. UMMMMMMM..................... How do you change a diaper with one hand missing a thumb, and a usable thumb and pinky on the other, and the other three finger with open wounds? (I was soaking them when the door bell rang)
I made the babysitter less than happy! I had to take him across the street and beg for mercy, her husband changed him for me.
I guess the next week or so we will be paying my SIL to come from the time I pick him up until the wife comes home.
What do you do?

Back