How'd it go today?

both twins were with mom this morning....I wanted to get a couple good pics, but just got this quick one and then the rain came.....

Attachments

• 329_twins_2008.jpg
    329_twins_2008.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 45
one lightning pro install.....and two view clears. My legs are trashed from hiking up and down........and climbing:|:

ty ya'll for your well wishing ... good to be here from time to time ... internet is in and out cause of fire. Mountain with all our communications is on fire so we may be on and off. We'll keep you all up to date.

Stephen, Katy, Rob and Family

Dang CurSedVoyce hope you and the family come through well. Sounds a little close for comfort for me, we're all to familiar with interface fires up in this neck of the woods and right now it's really, really dry and hot.

Funny thing today I met the fellow who had bought my bucket truck brand new, turns out he now works for a lawn/tree company who I'll be subbing in for next week. Small world.

we all ok squishy.... ty
This fire was started with two kids shooting out in the woods in this dry crap..... Rumor has it they were using tracers... And here we were worried about Arson and lightening. BBIAF they dumping water on some trapped fire fighters.

First day back at work after 6 weeks off, I LOVE San Francisco FOG.

Love it!

Wrecked a little acacia from the bucket.

Just drove through Mono County and through the Mariposa fire, SMOKEY as HADES.

Here's some pics from today.

See if you can see the paper wasp nest, the idea was cut it from the bucket and catch it in the bag, LOL

The video is pretty funny, only about 20 wasps shot out when it hit the ground.

Attachments

• mono 7.08 042_1024x768.jpg
    mono 7.08 042_1024x768.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 7
  • mono 7.08 044_768x1024.jpg
    mono 7.08 044_768x1024.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 13
  • mono 7.08 047_768x1024.jpg
    mono 7.08 047_768x1024.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 6
Mono County Pictures.

On Saturday I worked in the back country building a split rail fence with Aspen trees.

The idea was encircle a creek/spring with the fence to keep cattle out.

I worked like I was 23 yrs old at 9000 feet elevation toGo......... LOL
Lot's of Tecate (mexican beer) and BB Guns at night. Great time.

Attachments

• mono 7.08 024_1024x768.jpg
    mono 7.08 024_1024x768.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 6
  • mono 7.08 025_1024x768.jpg
    mono 7.08 025_1024x768.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 6
  • mono 7.08 026_768x1024.jpg
    mono 7.08 026_768x1024.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 6
  • mono 7.08 028_1024x768.jpg
    mono 7.08 028_1024x768.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 7
  • mono 7.08 037_1024x768.jpg
    mono 7.08 037_1024x768.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 6
  • mono 7.08 040_1024x768.jpg
    mono 7.08 040_1024x768.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 6
  • mono 7.08 041_1024x768.jpg
    mono 7.08 041_1024x768.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for the radio link Cursedvoyce. I'll send it to my cousin who has a son who works for CDF out of the station that is up by Friant Dam. Gotta shorten that name. Hope verything turns out OK. Nice pictures Deva. I will be up at the Dardanelles in a couple of weeks for the weekend. Killed 4 50' or so fan palm trees today. Love the tractor for loading that nasty thorn filled garbage.

Scored the big poplar job!!! At about $16,000 and change. He may handle the wood removal with his trucking firm...same profit margin for us.....

Got a world class crew...Eli wants to climb..Cowboy Dave...Cert arb Ian (who' now pretty much running the show at another firm, on the ropes, and winches--he's been featured in my stories and photos for years.....tennis shoe Brian (who won't have them on) on ropes and the chipper- he's also great on the ground--and a climber....and this old fart on cameras, and everywhere else.....

figure 3 days of roping out brush and a bit of wood, then ACDeucy Mike with his 28 ton crane for the wood.....Monday, we're on for him, Wednesday to start the job.

Cirrcumferences a ground level are, 21'9", 19'6", and 19' hope the price is enuf. turns out the client is a hard core skiier and instructor who knows all my Crystal Mt buds!! And he's getting married...maybe he'll want me to shoot his wedding?!

I got home at 9:30 pm...got two fillets of that awesome silver salmon cooking....had a few pieces of the stuff I dried for midday snax..pretty tasty..this will be my 9th salmon meal in the last 8 days!!

My arbo friend Scott came by while I was gone, didn't have enough cash, so he only took 1.5 fish, which means I have 1.7 fish still to dry, smoke or cook...He told me how to smoke them in my firepit...I'll try that tomorrow night! I told him he coulda owed me...but, hey, I'll take the fish, you betcha by golla wow!!!!

I gotta split, came home to take more salmon out of the food dehydrator (yumm, it's awesome --wild silver-alaska, for $3 a pound!!!!! and go do a little one man job, look at a job for SnoCo Public works--at 4 homes...she must love me, said do it, no bid!!!! UMM, I think I love HER!!!

Then meet Brian later to cut back a silver poplar that had lost a limb and landed in the neighbor's yard, almost clocking the little Peruvian fella named Vita--who married to Rita...HAH!

Oops, not 100% sure we got the job yet...he'll call me in the am....

but I looked at the Public Works Jobs...gonna be schweeeeet, maybe $8000-10,000....then did the little birch prune back from neighbor's, by myself, ($275 for 45 minutes work) but way up north...and a closed road for construction meant a 4 mile or so freaking detour.....then met Dave for the big silver poplar cut back to make safe....Brian couldn't make it, but I caught Dave on his way home from his side job...so I could ground for him...the fastest climber in the known universe....!!!
Under 2 hours we had that thing cut back...and there was some crazy angles...diced up the brush in the blackberries...$550 cash..don't tell da governor or da revenoors.........Dave was mighty pleased for the 2 bills I graciously presented him with. ...The customer had an old VCR that was about a foot long....maybe he'll send me a videotape....he taped the whole thing.

Gee, voyce...that's close, hope for a wind change...and drop...and ya'll dodge that bullet..

Dang, that is too beautiful of country to be going up in smoke.

Bodean, great stories....of your time "off" and the wasp episode...Hah, we've done--or tried-- similar things more than once!!

well ya'll, its off to bed. Got kinda quiet round here. Fire crews are really busy op in the river canyon. All is safe for now. Mountain breezes have changed on schedule. One more day will tell if it will head back down my way. Pretty much surrounded on a few fronts here. Looks like the critical to my location is contained. Praying it does not go as far as it might. Yosemite is at risk and more. I am happy those links worked out for you Steve. Most dont have them and even some of the crews (Fire and Law enforcement) dont have a clue of them. Suprising how much info we put out here to the working crews. Well I am beat. Day has been a long one and it was nice to have some power back thanks to my parents bringing in the genny. I am going to shut everything down at this time and same some fuel. Good night ya'll. Catch you tomarrow and we will keep you all informed as this all comes down.

Stephen & Rob
Katy and Kids

GN & GB :)

13 and 1/2 hour day yesterday, back at it at 6:30 this morning. UGH

I wish I was posting in the "Officially out of here thread!"

Back