How'd it go today?

i sat all day long in meetings - nice to work at home - NOT

anyway - boomers are here - NOT RAIN yet

We're having all kinds of showers and thunderstorms passing through. Yesterday they knocked a few trees down on some houses.

Had my outside drivers side dually explode today on the way back to town on the highway. Woke me up in a hurry that's for sure. It put a good dent in the back of the saw box too. Kind of a piss off as my truck came with old retreads on split rims, time to upgrade all the drivers I think.

I faced off 8 trees at my condo job today. I was to cut off anything hanging over this fence into the neighbor's yard. Kind of slow going because the drop zone is into these tiny back yards and the owners/rents have little delicate knick-knacks all over the place.

Same here, Steve. My second job today was flat-siding an oak tree back to the property line. No drop zone so everything had to be rigged and boomed out. It was pretty much just removing one big lead. When I got down to about a 15' stub, there was a hollow on the underside that I couldn't see. I was in the middle of a cut when a HUGE black rat ran out and scrambled across the back of my hand on his way back to the trunk and down to the ground! :\: Dave thought it was a skwerl, but I pointed out that it had a skinny, slimy tail. Been a while since I've seen a rat in a tree.

Sorry bout your tire, Skwishey. When my cheapo retreads on the back of my truck wear out, I'm looking at about $1500 total for a set of the tires I want.

Sorry bout your tire, Skwishey. When my cheapo retreads on the back of my truck wear out, I'm looking at about $1500 total for a set of the tires I want.

I'm getting a pretty sweet deal on the treads four new tires at $300 a piece list retail is $560. But then I'm also buying new rims as I've got the old split rim pieces of crap. I'll be in for $2,200 rims tires mounted taxes, levies, yada, yada, yada.

It's all good, being in business costs. Atleast I'm booked all to hell now, did four quotes tonight and got two on the spot and two I think will be calling me back. I'm to good not to be competitive.:D

Where's he heading? I need to try and get something lined up for him while he's down here.

A long day here. I must have cut down over 100 trees today. Only 4 were decent size, but it was still nonstop all day long. My pups are tired. :|:

I faced off a dozen more trees today. Sumacs and privits. My son's best friend was picked to play in an all-star North-South football game and I am riding down to Chowchilla with his parents in a little while to watch it.

That's where DDM David (AS mod) lives. I went up and worked with him twice several years back, before he became Derwood's chief enforcer.

did a small garden removal, lawn seed install this am. spent the afternoon doing up the three estimates I have been dragging my heels on and ordered up my plant material for one medium job and one big job for the week of the 7 th of July. this weekend is a long weekend for me, its Canada day on July one which is a civic holiday, I decided to take Sat, Sun, Mon and Tue OFF. so there. currently the wife is down in the parkade washing her car so I can wax in tomorrow, the boy is in the carrier on my chest and the ice cream maker is mixin up some maple syrup and walnut ice cream. :D
AND they started taking the tarps off our side of the building, the end of the renos are near!

edit: and I got stung by a bee today. damnit. on my left hand middle finger.

Last edited:
It seems like he took his best rigging spar off first, the one that put every piece right into the courtyard. Whoever was running his rope was doing a good job.

Back