How'd it go today?

A few odds and ends today . I did manage to get a pair of Husqvarnas running real good ,a 181 and 281 . The 181 had a broken throttle and a funky carb .The 281 just needed a pull cord .

I tested the 281 ,impressive saw .With a 24" bar that thing ran like a scalded ape in oak and blew oil off the end of the bar ,sure wish my danged Stihls oiled that well .

Done at noon today, started at 9:30. Took down a good sized Tulip, maybe 32" DBH, sent 2 monster tops flying then dropped the spar. 3 cuts, wish they were all like that.

I had it fairly easy today. I only had to do 2 climbs, as to the 6-8 I've been doing lately, and a couple bids...... thank God. I've been climbing my arse off for weeks and my body is really feeling it.:cry:

I don't wanna sound like I'm complaining cause we've been getting 'er done with authority and the money is flowing in nicely.... I'm just REALLY banged up and sore from it all.

I think tree climbing is definitely a physically demanding occupation. When I started aching like that every day, I realized that I was pretty much maxxed out as far as income. As much as I love climbing, I had to quit in order to make a better living.

Anyway, I had another fairly big oak removal today. Not quite as fat as the one from Monday, but more brush and it was 3' from the house with a tight drop zone. It went very smoothly once I finally got set up and cleared a couple limbs off neighboring trees so I could swing the boom. I had it brushed out by 11 and was ready to drop the trunk by 11:30. Dave actually trusted me to drop it without putting a rope in the top (astonishing, considering how close it was to the house). Wedges are cool. 8)

Cool Treehouse team-up!

I spent the day trimming street trees for clearance off the street not power. Yee haw, pays though.

Roundabouts there, I don't measure just make sure there's good line of sight for traffic and that they're higher than the lowest crosswire. One more day of it tomorrow and then I get to kill something again.:D

About a week or two ago things were looking a little thin workwise. And then boom the sun came out and now booked two to three weeks out again.8)

I've done it lots, we've always had to measure to leave the higher overhang alone. They didn't want us to go over that in most cases.

Pretty laid back the little city I'm working for. It's a good gig, they just leave it in my hands basically. And honestly everysingle one of their street trees I've seen have been severely topped in the past, brutal.

Funny thing today a crazy old lady came out and just cussed me and my uncle right out, like just flying off the deep end. I'm certain she must have a mental condition of some sort. I just laughed it off and smoothed it over, she was happy in the end but at first I thought she was gonna physically attack my uncle on the ground. I was tempted to tell her that 'her' tree was slated for removal but thought better of it.:D

Greetings all..

I had a reasonable week, despite the -10*c 6 am starts and due to travell very late (and cold) getting back, we made an awfull lot of wood chip$!!,!!!.00

Its the end of the finanacial year in a few days, im going shopping tomorrow!!:D

My daughter. Hillary, and her boyfriend are fine, but they were in a car accident that totaled her car. They were hit from behind while stopped in traffic, which in turn put them into the next guy. So, her car looked like an accordion.

She has progressive as her insurance company and so far, they are awesome. The claim adjuster called her before she got home from the accident, then called a couple hours later to let her know he totaled the car.
So, she is driving John's little truck till she can get a rent a car. Then she will begin the new car hunt.:whine:

Glad they're OK V.
My new alternator in my truck lasted about 2 hours on the job then quit charging. I went home and got the old one and couldn't get the belt pulley off of the new one without an impact wrench. Back home to change the pulley and then got going again. My guys kept busy the whole time climbing so it wasn't a total waste of time. Still working on the condiminium job.

Glad to hear she's doing well GG!

Here's two pics I finally got from Daniel of my wreck last November.

8b916381.jpg

1551d39f.jpg

Worked a condo complex today. My landscaper got them to spend a grand so I was there today doing stupid piddly shit. Trimming small branches over roofs from orchard ladder all day. PITA. Had to keep packing up and moving around. It's brutal working at these places cause all the old people come out wanting shit done then get mad when I say go talk to the boss, we have a set work order already.

We got a tip today too, at least someone appreciated us.

My crew went out to knock over two crappy ol' Norway maples, I looked at some bids.....and then buggered off sea fishing for the afternoon........and caught sweet F.A.

Back