How'd it go today?

I'm just getting ready to close out my last call. I also get the joys of having all day to work tomorrow... Hellllooooo OVERTIME!!! I'm already at about 53(out of a normal 40) hours for the week. :D

My 'big job' this morning ended up being an easy 2 hour minimum call. Big old live oak that needed very little trimming, but we had to clear over the house because they were getting ready to add a second story.

This afternoon I looked at a job for a homeowner (a referral) and decided to take the job rather than passing it along to one of the tree companies I work with. It will be about 2-3 hours for me and 2 guys with a chipper. I'll bring in one of my guys and basically split it with him, I'll cut and he cleans up and grinds the stumps. I think the only reason I took on running the job is because the homeowner didn't sound like an idiot, and he's quite wealthy if his house is any indication.

We finished our olive tree job this morning and went to prune a couple of aomond trees up on this super steep sidehill. 106F here this afternoon. If you touched any of the shiny parts of the chipper chute it would burn your hand.

I grabbed the wall mounting hardware for my new LCD tv w/o looking at the price, lol. The sucker knocked a hole in 110 bucks! :what:

I took today off to recover from a week of HARD climbing... and a few flesh wounds I acquired yesterday.:|:

You guys will love this one. I was swinging from one lead to another one that was kinda far but lower so I came into it pretty hard and didn't realize that my feet were too close together until I felt the gaff on my right foot hit the heel of my left. It punched a hole through my brand new boot, my socks (I wear 2 pairs when climbing), and right into my heel..... can you say OOOOOUUUUUCH!!!!!:cry:

Ouch Jason! I gaffed myself on the inside of my left knee about a decade ago. Working in the rain, climbing over a limb up in the top of a pine tree, I slipped and my right gaff buried itself into my left leg. Went to Centra Care and they didn't do anything but irrigate it and slap a bandage on it (after making me wait almost 2 hours). What a waste of time and money! I got a cool scar out of it though.
8)

I'm more upset over the triangular shaped hole in my new boots than my heel. I've got it soaking in epsom salt right now and it looks pretty good all things considered.

When I did it, it was at the start of a major climbing takedown. I didn't wanna shut down the job, it didn't hurt that much, and it seemed my Wescos were holding it all together. So I persevered and finished/ about 90 minutes in the tree.
When I hit the ground and took my boot off and peeled the sock down there was a thick layer of blood with another layer of what looked like plasma on top of it... weird stuff.
I cleaned it up and it healed OK, but it was about an inch stabbed into my heel. Fun stuff!

When I did it, it was at the start of a major climbing takedown. I didn't wanna shut down the job, it didn't hurt that much, and it seemed my Wescos were holding it all together. So I persevered and finished/ about 90 minutes in the tree.
When I hit the ground and took my boot off and peeled the sock down there was a thick layer of blood with another layer of what looked like plasma on top of it... weird stuff.
I cleaned it up and it healed OK, but it was about an inch stabbed into my heel. Fun stuff!

That's almost exactly what happened yesterday cept I waited till I got home to assess the damage.... and it hurt like a mutha every time I spiked in but that tree had to get done and I was the only one who could do it.

Some days are worse than others, thank God for beer!!;)

like the proverbial one legged man. got most of my new desk set! looks good except it looks like someone ice picked it all over. icalled the store and they said it "antiquing" whatever the heck that is!

Well, UUUMMMMMMMMMM, well..........

I light into the big boss so bad right off the bat, he apoligized to my boss for f'ing things up and hid in his office most of the day.

One of the APM's wanted to argue with me over the time I would be moving the air compressor. "Well, what time are you going to move it Andy?" When I move it! "Well That is going to screw up my production schedule, I need to plan around this."
Yeah, I think you all know how this went.
"YOU IDIOTS WEREN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!! I WILL MOVE IT WHEN THESE $400HR GUYS WANT TO MOVE IT, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!"
"Well thats a bad attidude to have."
I DON'T CARE!! It's the same I have gotten from you all week, deal with it! And I walked off.

Nobody really wanted to talk to me today, I don't understand it:lol:

14.5 hours, I'm beat. Then I had to deal with the moron on the way home. "Hey, di you know this is screwed up? Hey, this is wrong, did you know that?"
I don't care, FIX IT!
This is the same guy that CAN'T READ A TAPE MEASURE!!!
Al and Rotax will get this, he had to measure the thikness to replace rollers with transfer balls, not rocket science. He boned it. I ha to machine .250" off of two plate on a series one style China brand Bridgeport. The plates where 5.5" thick, 63" long and 17" wide:lol:
I am not real happy, and rather than getting to sleep, I have to go meet the boss for breakfast in the am.
I think I am a bit cranky tonight:D

Worked for some multi-millionaire possibly billionaires yesterday. Got out to the property which is almost an hour over bushroads(they chopper in so the road is in rough shape) took my camera out 'change batt' is all that would come up :(. Worked nearly 12hrs on site and was easily a 15/16 hour day from home to home. Fell a bunch of danger trees and bucked down some bad pressured blowdown. Everything went well and I think I've made a really good connection with these people. Extremely nice people for how wealthy they are, they own nearly one side of one of the most beautiful lakes out here and have a real cool cabin(they call it) built right on the top of a cliff/outcropping with just an amazing view. Needless to say I was beat and still am today. Lots of cutting yesterday.

Yesterday, my work computor spent all day getting rid of some wicked virus. Looks like John's work computor has the same thing. His will be taken care of on Monday. I was able to back up all of Dot Palm, so all is good today.

I forgot lots of the wood had to be bucked into firewood, nice fir mostly about 24" or so. My EHP 660 was a pleasure to run, unbeleivably fast with a 25" bar on it.:)

Don't you have AVG, Virginia? I go EVERYWHERE on the internet and don't pick up viruses.

Very sad day in Marathon. A local musician's house burned down last night. It is a complete loss. He has been an icon for years here. Older guy, 67 or so, with many years in the music industry. He had tons of memorabilia, guitars and just years of collecting music stuff. All of it gone, not even any dry wall left on the walls. He even knew Elvis.

I am sure the community will rally around him and help him through this, but a sad day here today.

http://www.captainpips.com/rocketman.htm

I don't know if you remember me telling ya'll about this, but last night our community stepped up and helped this guy. Marathon threw a helluva party, about 600-700 people came out and had some fun. There was music, bands, live auctions, silent auctions and food! We had a blast and Rocketman is well on his way to getting back on his feet.
It is one of the reasons I love living here, we are a tight knit community that cares about one another.

I'm beat and just did ten hours today. Theoreticly/supposedly, everything is ready. Monday we will hear about what we didn't do right.

I was threatend twice today that they could fire me come Monday. They didn't get it when I laughed at them. One more time, and I was done.
Still not sure if I will give y notice Monday or not. Not much of a threat anymore, is it?

Back