How'd it go today?

I bought my first LCD TV. The first thing I had to do was take it apart and run the wires from the tiny stock speakers to my own speakers. It's stoopid they don't have a line out for that.
Wal Mart, almost 6 bills, RCA, 26" with a built in DVD player. It's pretty cool.

Sure it's HD and it's has tons of ports. Just nothing to directly hook up to speakers only. The audio out imputs want to go to a receiver, which I'm not using. I just wanted better speakers.

I'm SURE you know electronics better than me:).

Now you need a HDMI cable and a different cable box...and upgrade the cable at the same time 'cuz HD channels are waaay better. You're about to get hooked on the good stuff;)

I think I have hit an all time first and most memorable experience in my career as an arborist.

Doing a removal today and every thing was clicking. My boom is back up and running, had extra help for the first time in months. The tree was a perfect GRCS tree for tip tying and using the winch on the chipper to drift the big chippable limbs right into the chute for chipping.

Stopping for a midday break enjoying my my coffee and a sandwich when low and behold the tree we were under starts having water coming straight down on top of me and my coffee. Wondering what the heck was going on I look up into the canopy and there is a skwerl ( not Brian ) with his beady black eyes looking square at me taking a leak on me. I swear it was done on purpose too.

Even though it was kind of gross we all had a good laugh and went back to work and finished the day without a problem which was good for a change as I had my share of them lately. No better or worse than others mind you but it was just refreshing to have things go without a hitch and make some decent money which has been a little hard to come by these last few months.

Life was good today.

It's stupid how they haven't had "speaker out" jacks for ages. The best you can hope for is a headphone jack, but hell they don't ever offer that on the larger TV's. You gotta take off the back and go after the speaker lines and wire it yourself.

Loooonnngg day today. I guess I was being punished for all my short easy days. All sorts of trees cut down today lots of rigging, butt hitching firs in a fancy yard so none of the trunk sections could be bombed.

Oh yah tomorrow I got a cool job to do just outta my pick-up felling and bucking some trees on this wild property out by mable lake. I gotta remember the camera tomorrow.

Today went well, albiet a bit long.

D worked 28 hours between Mon, Tues, and today. Nothing horrid just lower production (my fault, about -16%) compared to the norm.

Tomorrow should be pay day :)

I think Carl was saying that production was off 16% and it was his fault. In other words it took him a bit over 7 hours to do what he bid for 6.

As for my day. @#T%, ^(*^*^% people.

The money that came in was roughly 16% less than what it should have been as a standard. Long to short, the loss of time was because a limb blew up, poked a hole in the roof. I went in the attic and put my foot through the ceiling. The third unrelated thing was I had to take Dad to the doctor Wed, he told me Wed morning he wanted to be there at 930 (sick/unplanned visit).

That caused lost time which resulted in less income. If you exclude my wasted time but include the repairs to the ceiling and roof, the number goes from 16% to 24%, including my time it goes up another 12%.

Just annoying, but I aint worried about it, still making bank!

Yeah, but it's 16% of 28 hours, if you squint your eyes and narrow your field of view.

It's the long term average that is important. Of course you know that.

I had an unplanned visit to the ER for my wife this morning. She started throwing up last night and also had diarrhea and by this morning was dehydrated. Her left leg started twitching and her left foot was numb so I took her in, a few hours of IVs and a CT scan of the cabeza and she is back home holding the couch down. My guys were finishing up the olive tree abuse project and my guy who prunes likes to prune more severly than I would have. The customers liked it but it takes him longer than it would have taken me and we had a friggin mountain of brush to chip. Filled up the truck and still had a little more to chip so I came home at dark. Forestry truck is running good except I am having trouble adjusting the electric fans. I'm upgrading the alternator from a 65 amp to a 145 amp. My Dad picked it up today and I think I can put it on in the morning or I might wait until the weekend.

went to an IPM seminar this afternoon then a landscape association meeting this evening. did some networking, waiting the wife and kids return home as they went to a pampered chef party.

more like tupperware I would say.
go to a house of a friend / aquaintance, eat some munchies, check out catalogue or sample product and buy some stuff, or not. Wife is pretty good, doesnt usually buy much at these things, plus its an excuse for her and junior to go out and visit her friends.

I have my guys working in the yard. We are going to trim some hedges and some miscellaneous work that will pay for them plus make me a couple of dollars. We finished a three day job in two, so today we are mellow. Its supposed to be 96 degrees today so mellow is good.

went to an IPM seminar this afternoon then a landscape association meeting this evening. did some networking, waiting the wife and kids return home as they went to a pampered chef party.

Pampered Chef is good stuff. My sister in law udes to be a rep, so we have a bunch of their products. The business model is similar to Amway (MLM), but the Pampered Chef products are high quality, whereas Amway is crap(IMHO).

Grind stumps today and wrapping up odds and ends for the week.

Was grinding the stumps we made last night, hit something right solid, broke 7 bolts on the teeth.

Went to Fastenal to order more, $2.50 a piece!

I checked on a custom bolt with only 3/4" of thread, only $16.xx a piece, what a steal!

sat in my chair all day doing data imports - OH WELL - time to ride

Back