How'd it go today?

Got called in to work at 2:30 am. Huge elm tree down across two lanes, smashed two cars beyond recognition. Log truck blew a hydraulic line and the chipper shit the bed too.:X

Lucky for me I have a conference to go to. I'll be able to catch up on my sleep during a lecture on "5 diseases to watch for in '08":)

Just lurve days like that.....

bleh... sick as can be. some sort of cold. I havn't been to work since monday. Tuesday we rained out and I felt fine, wednesday and today I have been sick.

First time I have been sick in over 3 years, sick enough to miss work anyway.

V, nah, she isnt a stressy type. The guys picked her up about 45 minutes after she called, thre was a rental SUV waiting at the shop for her and she came home fine to a superb (if I may say so myself) dinner. She went to work this morning and is now on her lunch break, driving to pick up her car that has a new starter in it. Oh well, coinky-dink that it should go but heck, its only money right? :(

oh, the official due date is Feb 28 last I heard :shifty:

Today I worked some more on trying to get insurance coverage on my new bucket truck. Altec Capital is requiring more coverage than I currently have. I also currently have my business liability and my vehicle liability with two different agents, so I'm trying to see if I can get both coverages at a realistic rate from the same agency.

I also took the bucket truck to get the windows tinted. Very light tint, but it cuts down on a lot of heat and glare. It's the same as I had done on the old truck.

Glad all went well Paul!!!
Butch, does you're computer and phone have bluetooth? You can connect that way, somehow, if they do?

Bad day? Yeah, had the same problem today as I did Tuesday, with the same saw!!! "Tweak" chose not to grace us with his pressence again last night:X

This pic, me under a saw, was taken at 4:30am, the day DID NOT GET BETTER!!!!

Attachments

• Badday.jpg
    Badday.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 33
That is a VERY well lit building!!!! The big blue saw with the yellow thingy on the back, remeber the BIG picture I had?
That is me, half way under it!!! Thats a WHOLE lot of me, and a LITLLE bit of space!!!!

busted an axle on my little chipper.

I was pulled over on the side of the road with cones and a guy with a stop slow sign. This cop comes up and starts hassling me. :evil:
I finally told him to stand back from the area as I was attempting to get a one wheeled chipper onto a flat bed trailer.

The wheel broke off and I had to attempt to skid the chipper onto the trailer. I tried to temporarily get the wheel to stay on by putting a lug wrench and a crowbar into the axle and through the center of the wheel, but that didn't work.
So I put boards down and backed the chipper onto the trailer by skidding it up on it.
Sorta worked but at one point the chipper slid right off the trailer.

Wadda day. Kind of funny really.

New axle has to be special ordered it will take one week to get to me.

Attachments

• IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 37
Damn that sucks, sounds like it coulda been worse though.

I've been plowing, plowing, and plowing. We got a nice little 6-10" dump here.

And so the saga continues. My phone is ringing off the hook with people deseperate for plowing/sanding. I gotta learn to say no, but I'm just to damn greedy.:D

Gotta get back out there, another day of coffee and redbull.

You could probably have that welded Frans.

And Steve, your chipper has a torsion mount axle. Keep an eye out on the rubbers, when they wear out it will change the camber of the wheel and wreck wheel bearings.

so far so good. two estimates this am, finked on a developer as I drove down the street and saw a protected tree that had seen battle with an excavator by the look of it, hung out at the airport for a bit watching planes land, bought a new dvd burner and case fan for the computer and now home. :)

have to install the new computer goodies, empty out baby's room and sand the walls to prep for painting this weekend.

Back