How'd it go today?

dang MB, when do we get to see a tiger from your elevation point above the cage? I aint in to limb walking period, let alone doing it over 200 pound killer felines!

Get this: Because we do this, we have to get LONGSHOREMAN'S INSURANCE. Crazy huh? We had a visit from the safety guy yesterday and he explained why we needed it, and man, is it expensive. Turns out we can get the insurance on an as needed basis, so when we are doing a navigational trim, it is just another cost to pass on to the client.
The difference between what longshoremans workmans comp and regular workmans comp is that if you are injured while working on water, you get 100% of your wages while you are out. I told that to Jeff and his reply was. So, if someone gets hurt, I should throw them in the water? HA.

dang MB, when do we get to see a tiger from your elevation point above the cage? I aint in to limb walking period, let alone doing it over 200 pound killer felines!

No, they had them penned up in their enclosures. No way I'd climb over them, either.

got my truck on the road yesterday:D and did a walk through on 2 nice jobs, one of which is usually underbid every year:roll: trying out a new guy today

I got an email last night that I didn't open until this morning from the State of California on their bids. They have a job in Big Sur and the walk-through is today at 11:00 and I have a freakin job scheduled. Sounds like a Jerry job falling a bunch of trees and moving the logs and the chips to some yard.

Today was cool, easy peasy japanesey. The first job was a TD with the Hi-Ranger, the second was an easy climb. Sweet.

The odd thing was the second job. The old man had a three foot levee built around his house. I've never seen that shit before, a personal levee. He said that if regularly flooded there,and it's saved his house 3 times in 40+ years, so I guess it was worth it to him. It definitely made his house stand out in the neighborhood.

He even had a floodgate thing rigged up in his driveway.

I had a takedown of a tree of heaven in the back yard, however we got the bucket back there so it wasn't so hard. Freaking wires all over the place though. We took a bunch of pictures. I didn't quite finish. My bucket truck, chipper, one huge piece of trunk, and tractor are still there as we ran out of daylight and room in the trailer.
I knew a guy who had a cement wall around his house, about 4' and he had a piece of metal that he slid into his gate opening into a water tight seal on the sides. The wall went 4' underground also. His house flooded once and then he built the fence and I know it saved him from damage one time maybe more than I don't know about. My friend was a bit of a nutcase but in this case I think he was very prudent.

Praise the ladies.

Women by their basic nature are nurturers of mankind,they feed us.

On the assembley lines of most auto companys about 70 percent are women.On about every holliday,tomorrow being the celebration of vets day,they put on a feast.Good heavens,cakes,pies,roast beef,ham,scalopped potatoes ,you name it. Ah,Rosie riveters of the world,luv ya and I'm stuffed to the gills.:big-love:

Last edited:
stumper, I apologize proherently for my errors in feline mass displacement guesstimates. the fact that I stated that they were around 200 pounds was so completely assinine and incorrect would likely have led most readers astray and completely bimbamfoozled the humour potential. Thank you for standing guard on the Treehouse linguistic cavaliers, it makes me feel safer as I lay my head down to sleep knowing you and others are manning the sentry points. :D

I don't mean to break your balls (but in the third pic) the juxtaposition of your hands in relation to your saw and the falling chunk... Something just don't look right.

Is it just me? I have been drinking. :drink:

;)

If I remember correctly the saw was stuck under the cut and I pushed the chunk a little to get the saw unstuck and as I had cut a little on a angle the chunk went all the way off and I was hanging onto the saw with one hand whilst pushing with the other. And when I brought my hand back I was being careful not to hit the chain with my free hand. I know it looks kind of funny.

Fall clean-ups. I don't care if it's walking the dog, I'll do it.
Thanks for listening.

worked on a report today for a couple hours, got the front end worked on on my truck. took the wife to sushi dinner, Bee Movie then coffee with a friend of hers and her hubby. a nice evening.

FWIW Bee Movie is pretty cute, lots of name brand actor voices in it, entertaining for the kids and adults. oh, and product placement GALORE.
http://www.beemovie.com/

Man, that all sounds too good to be true, Paulie !
Tree reports ??? I have no clue >>> Hope you value your knowledge ?!?
Sushi, movie, pregnant wife........ mmmmmmmmmm....... life at its fullest !
You GO, m'nergo !!!

TC this report i the biggest I have done to date. guesstimated it to be about 200 trees but I went in and tagged / basic VTA on about 170 after all when we went in. we looked at any tree 8" or over DBH. tagged, noted and ID'ed. two days on site (about 10 hours total) for two of us and three hours today in the office transferring the hand written data to a hazard rating database spreadsheet. I am thinking about 6 to 8 hours for me to write a report around the data sheets indicating methods of care based on hazard rating number ( 1- 12). and its good money ;) pm me if you want the details of how I am charging etc.

knowledge is a product and dont be afraid to sell it.

Lets see, after a long week, that for the most part I'd like to forget, I'm hitting the range today.

.......No MB, I still have a job! :P

Edit: On the upside of life, I did end up at the Nuke plant for a call, yesterday. :lol:

John is off to Islamorada this morning to get on a charter boat. His best friend from Orlando is down with the company he works for, Winter Park Construction, and they have chartered 2 boats out of Bud and Mary's Marina. The wind is blowing a little, but they should have a great day on the water.

Brian, looks like it is chilly dogs in Orlando, 43 degrees, brrrrrrrrrr.

I might have to turn on my heat soon. 63 in my house this morning, but I have my little space heater running by my feet and I'm leaving for work in a while anyway. If it's still cold this afternoon I'll kick it on.

Back