How'd it go today?

I got a new modem this morning. Now I'm finally getting the internet speed I'm paying for! According to my testing on speednet.com, my average download speed is almost 50% faster than the last several weeks. And that's for ALL websites, even the Tree House! :P

Had some fun with Carl today.

I had sold some wood to a florist and she needed the centers board out for table pieces. Made him do it so I can get mad if he messed it up instead of myself.

Schooled me on some SRT too. Pretty cool getting up 65'ish in no time. No more air humping doin DRT.

Yup, any trim where you have more than 20' to ascend without any side limbs, SRT is a handy trick to have. Like many others here, I've scaled it down to bare basics (a Pantin and a single handled ascender) so I can use it more often with less setup.

Yup, any trim where you have more than 20' to ascend without any side limbs, SRT is a handy trick to have. Like many others here, I've scaled it down to bare basics (a Pantin and a single handled ascender) so I can use it more often with less setup.

I'll have to try that, I have been just having my ground guys help pull on the rope to get me up there.

Today was maintenance.
Word to the wise : Never purchase an F-150. Or maybe... I dunno.... After an O-2 sensor, a brake line, spark plugs & a U-joint, maybe things will get better ?!?

Got started cutting down some cottonwood trees.

Hard to find motivation, spent all day yesterday moving and working the cow herd.

Im sore and tired...

Here the water has calcium and sodium and stuff like that in it and it builds up to unacceptable levels after 4-5 years so you have to drain it and refill it. When the levels of the crap get high, the chemicals don't work as well.

We have a mosquito abatement district and if you have a pond or something similar they will come out and put fish in it or if it is too small for fish they put oil in it. Sometimes they fog the area with these things in the back of their pickups. Mosquitos would be horrible here if not for the district.

F-250 going in to the shop on Tuesday for upper and lower ball joints! :) after doing a tie rod end and tie rod end sleeve last week, haha my oil change ended up costing me $460!
oh well, maintenance is maintenance

Was your truck wondering when going 50 plus. I'm trying to narrow down what is going on with my chip truck. it just has a mind of its own steering wise. just feels loose to me.

Tires are not wearing funny, so i eliminated kingpins. i'm left with bearings rod ends and steering box.

Its a 98 c6500. any ideas

Yo Ich, is that you in your avatar?

Nope.

Im just barely tolerating 15-20 feet in the air on a telephone pole.

Forget a tree on hooks...

Although one day I'd like to be taught how, and under the watchful eye of someone who knows what they are doing, give it a shot.

Arborworks, you might start with taking it in for a basic alignment. They can set the toe-in, etc. much more accurately than you or I can at home and they can tell you if there are any other problems. IMO it's worth the $200 to get it accurately diagnosed and set up right in one trip rather than living with a difficult truck for months on end.

I just had it aligned and its still doing the same thing. It got worse when
I got new tires on earlier in the summer.

I had it aligned then and about three weeks ago.

that is the first thing I thought of.

My guess is your alignment guy isn't very good. There is typically an acceptable range for each setting. It can be barely within the specs but still not 'right'. A good tech will take that into consideration and set it up accordingly.

I guess he didn't diagnose any other issues? How can he align it and not know if something is wrong on the front end? Sounds fishy to me. Do you still have your receipt?

Edited to comment on your last post- if he was rushed then you didn't get the service you paid for. Ask to have it done again, properly.

Well now I didn't even consider shocks to be honest. I'm going to get it looked at tuesday. WE have been so busy trying to get caught up that I have not had time to get my regular mechanic to look at it.

Arborworks, you might start with taking it in for a basic alignment. They can set the toe-in, etc. much more accurately than you or I can at home and they can tell you if there are any other problems. IMO it's worth the $200 to get it accurately diagnosed and set up right in one trip rather than living with a difficult truck for months on end.

It will save you that just in tires in short order.

nah, my truck has been pulling hard right for like 3 months I have just been too busy/lazy to do anything about it. when I got my oil changed I asked my mechanic to give the front suspension a visual inspection while it was up on the hoist. he came back and said the tie rod end was about to eject itself and all four ball joints were almost toast.

Back