How'd it go today?

Its a 98.

Realistically, its probabaly a bit closer to 14 city -19 hwy, but close enough.

Right now I'm averaging 16 or so in my rental for work-- 2002ish E150, 4.7, Auto with an average of 1500 lbs of cargo in the rear.

Bear in mind, I spend a lot of time idling on job sites(off and on, not constant), and in traffic(an hour to 2 hours in stop and go, daily, combined). I also have developed a bit of a lead foot trying to get around in traffic. I'm also averaging 7-800 miles a week.

My work truck is going to be a 2008 Silverado 1500 4x2 w/ 350, Auto, and a lot of weight in the bed-- tools, parts, occasional towing of trailers with more upgrade kits, etc. Fuel economy will be interesting.

I should mention I drive like grandpa, most days anyway.

Put a trailer behind it or the loader inside it and throw the mileage out the window.

I should mention I drive like grandpa, most days anyway.

That helps a lot, but a lot of my mileage is highway on routes with little room to poke along on off ramps. I have about an 1/8 of a mile to get up to speed(60) from the offramp from the office road. The ramps generally have traffic trying to come in to the on ramps for that area, so I have to move it on out of the way. The stop and go in traffic and on surface streets also kills my mileage.

I drive like Dale Junior and I get about 13 mpg in my 2002 F150 5.4 auto. I've gotten 16-17 on road trips with the cruise control set on 77-80, might get a little better if I could slow down and keep my foot out of it.

Yeah I hear ya- I should of clarified further...

in the city I normally drive like grandpa, on the highway thats another story.
I mean your SUPPOSED to drive fast on the highway.

Nice truck gramps. What kinda milage with a tinsy load?

I haven't done alot of driving in my 1 ton without at least a couple thousand pounds in the bed, and/or the 6klb RG85 behind it, or the 4500lb man lift.

A tinsy load?

Meaning what?

The mileage I eluded to was in an unloaded state, maybe a few ropes and saw or two in back.

I havent worked the mileage out when Im loaded for bear. I figure why, it is what it is. The beauty is, when you can squeeze all this in one vehicle which in most cases would require a second or at least a trailer in tow. In the end the fuel savings is there.

I drive like Dale Junior and I get about 13 mpg in my 2002 F150 5.4 auto. I've gotten 16-17 on road trips with the cruise control set on 77-80, might get a little better if I could slow down and keep my foot out of it.

LMAO !!!

Not to derail, but is that a Silky Longboy polesaw I see in your van there John? If so, how do you like it?

LJ have you considered the Honda CR-V?
Or if you want to spend more and have 4x4, maybe a Toyota 4-runner.

I kind of like the crv, it seems to be a very reliable car and would haul my wife's dogs around but still get that MPG you want.

Not the biggest fan of the CRV, no big reasons other than styling. A 4 Runner might be cool, but I'm leaning towards a road goer that I won't be tempted to drive off road so much. I didn't wheel my Jeep very often, and the 4wd and off road abilities were nice in the urban environment.

I reckon I'll keep an eye out for such... I'll know for certain Tuesday or Wed if the Jeep is totalled.

A couple of rolls and a spin and a half, is probably totaled.
Insurance adjusting is just a hobby.

The crv is an honda accord chassis with a lift and a front pumpkin.
I think it comes in pink too. :)

Just to keep the thread online. So to speak.

I drove an hour and a half to Clearlake and "pruned" some blue oaks.
Biggest blue oak I'd ever seen let alone climbed.

I did the one behind the front tree also. There were large laterals all over the roof.
Superfun climbing even though I was extremely hung over from the show last night.

Anyway, I worked with Shamrock so he was in charge of the prescription.
Remove all suckers and Deadwood, not to mention huge limbs. You'll see the cuts. I tried to explain to him that the suckers were good to thin and leave.

I don't know if you can tell how close the wires were but 1-2 inch branches
were resting on the non insultaed wires, no burns on the bark.
We "figured" they were 440's stepped down from a can from the 12 KV.
I treated them with extreme caution.

Then he treated for dinner at this irish pub with the music and the fella even had an accent.

Drove out to his 100 acres and checked things out.

Left 6 a.m. and got back at 8 p.m., Tommorow:Interior painting.

Back