How'd it go today?

I called one last night to get his opinion. He said get it looked at before I go to Hartford.

It's good to have one in the family. :) I stay in their house when I have a competition down there.

Got the insurance company called. The adjuster is suppose to call after they look at it.

I reinjured a serious back injury that I got while on active duty in the Navy. In a crapload of pain right now. Making an appointment to see the doc as we speak.

If the problems with my back persist like they have lately... there will be no more V-8 hotsaw stuff for me anymore. :(

I just can't risk my back being this messed up.

I will have to start modding normal chainsaws to run in the comps.

Gary

I got my new to me 8.2 L Detroit Diesel running today. It had two stuck injectors. The front one and the back one both on the right side. I took one valve cover off and everything was fine, so I took the other one off and discovered the problem. I squirted them with some WD-40 type stuff that my cousin had and worked them up and down a little with a bar and we were off to the races. My cousin tells me that with any one of them stuck down like that it will keep the other injectors from getting any fuel. I don't really comprende.

Sorry to hear about your back Gasoline.

Rock and Roll Steve! :thumbup: Glad you got the old girl running again. Those old Detroits seem like fairly trouble free motors as long as the block isn't cracked. Not very strong, but trouble free.
:)

Thanks, it looks really funny with just the truck chassis with no cab. Everyone that comes over to my cousin's says "what the hell is that thing?". I'm trying to contain my excitement because that would be bad luck to get real excited this early in the project.

Spruce TD.....ground two stumps(thats a first!) Good pay day. Change teeth out tommorrow...they are dull as shat.:D

I found out tonight that insurance is taking very very good care of me with regards to my Jeep, very good care indeed. It is totalled, they want the title in exchange for a check that basically means I rented the Jeep for less than $500 a year these past 4 years (and 47k miles, with some fairly hard miles in there). That is wonderful.

Class tonight was cancelled, a mixed blessing. I burned an extra 4 gallons in the chip truck going out there, but it gives me time to work on my paper due Wed.

Sorry to hear about your gramps John. If he's going to be laid up, make sure it's a place where he has a view; a tip I picked up from taking care of my father.

Ha, the school is a couple exits past where I dump my wood. It's made a few trips out there :)

My shoulder... hurts. I was able to do some work today, not enough but I should be able to get done tomorrow. Dr's appointment is at 10:25, I'll find out then if something aint right with it.

Besides hurting, I can lift horizonally at near normal strength, however, simply lifting the arm straight ahead is quite the task.

My thought is I've buggered my rotator cuff, but it's possible it's just a sprain. My uncle says before I try to push through it, I should get it checked out. He said it is too complicated to do over the phone. I'll find out tomorrow what the story is.

So for the whole week, we're mitigating hazard off these 3 trees,
Cabling, endweight reduction and dead, broken, and diseased.

These trees are right on Lombard Gate.
Tons of Scenery.

I saw a flock of twenty? green parrots fly by, I was hoping they would land close or even my tree.

Pretty rad day, Here's a before and after picture, probably 55% brush removed.
The majority were massive broken hangers just resting upon one another. Poor thing had been pretty neglected.
Keep in mind there is a whole nother tree behind the one we pruned.
Once we cleared those it was just end weight left.

Tomorrow is another tree at the same local.

I flew the bucket to that first fatty on the left, then meandered my way to the top.
On my way up, I couldn't believe how many huge hangers there were.
I f this was a forest tree, It would never have been touched, but the fact
that tons of people lie underneath it, It had to be mitigated.

The bucket did mainly the lower ends as in that 4th photo.
I went to the tips on the upper portion, with another climber.

It was pretty kick back.

I actually called the supe to come out and take a look, I thought maybe he'd want to remove it.
We pruned it and did our best with it. It's good to give a tree your best before you wreck it.

Sometimes Prune to Remove later, there is less brush.

Especially right in the Public Eye.

The one to the back right, in the last photo is just going to be deadwooded.

We're not going to take any green out of it, if possible.

I love pruning cypress, especially when there is a decent shape to begin with.
Great Tree, the Cupressus macrocarpus, Monterey cypress.

Deva I'm sure this was probably covered before but does that bucket have one or two sets of outriggers?

And I know you've heard this a million times but what a wicked cool job you have their :thumbup: . Nice pics/work as usual.

The rear go straight down and the front set out abit.
The old high ranger was a bear on the freeway,
and the outriggers were maybe 3 inches from their lane.

Great for freeway work, not so hot on side hills.

Thanks, I'm blessed.:)

I reinjured a serious back injury that I got while on active duty in the Navy. In a crapload of pain right now. Making an appointment to see the doc as we speak.

If the problems with my back persist like they have lately... there will be no more V-8 hotsaw stuff for me anymore. :(

I just can't risk my back being this messed up.

Gary

Gary, It looks like from your avatar that you dont suffer from a big belly, but maybe lower abdominal excersises?

did a job this am out in the boonies by a buddist temple and another this afternoon. got the valve cover gaskets replaced, some freeze plugs back in, spark plugs changed and fuel pump hole blocked off on my engine today

sotc, any reason why you did'nt just get a warrentied used engine?
Maybe a long block?

its a tierd old truck that i hope to be rid of in the next year or 2. trying not to sink to much into it

Back