How'd it go today?

Deva, have you ever considered dabbling in commercial photography? You certainly have an eye for capturing some amazing landscapes.

Thank you, Brian.

No, I haven't thought of it. I just really enjoy taking photos.

And since I went Digital, it's even easier.
I would like to one day scan some old photos I took, with the 35mm.
:)

The wife and I split fire wood for 5 hrs and did bout 3 cord (I had to f' around with the splitter and tractor tires)

From the pics, you are one lucky SOB Carl!!!!!!

Nice setup Top!!!!

I have been geting 16MPG out of my '04 F-150 with the 5.4 back and forth to work, a ten min. drive. I have no complaints about that!!!!

lemme see, I get 220KM from about 50 liters in my F250. loaded or not.
thats what, about 10? MPG? from the 5.8L gas hog beast. can you say crappy mileage?

The boat races are in Key West today. The wind always seems to blow when they are here, and it is blowing good today.

My soreness has greatly subsided, I'm working today to make up for the 2 days I lost (Fri and Sat). I'll be outta town for the Expo from Wed-Mon so I gotta bring in the jingle.

had drop in company friday night and sat so i didnt get any thing done on my engine:( inlaws in town today to so probably wnt get anything done today either:(

I had a very productive tree day on Sat. Did a $1,900 job in one day. There were five of us working. I got the whole family out there. LJ, I don't want to sound holier than thou but I hope you will be more careful from now on. I was going to Hughson to get a light bulb for my PU the other day and while I was tooling at 65 mph or so was gazing off at a Caterpillar D-10 working ripping where they took out an almond orchard and the car in front of me was taking a left turn and I had to do some crazy evasive manuvering to keep from smaking him in the rear so I got another wake-up call to pay attention and slow down. I try to do everything with 1 vehicle so I have a single wheel 3500 4wd with a 350 for pulling my dump trailer, stump grinder, towable stumpgrinder, bids, moving tractors and such and any other running around that I do. Gets about 15 mpg driving around and about 6 mpg pulling the dump trailer which is 12,000 + - lbs when loaded. I figure my extra gas money spent while bidding in a truck is made up for in less vehicles to buy, insure and license. It's kind of a compromise for all those things.

I worked yesterday for a few hours, and the same for today. I cleared 61 hours for this work week. I get to start the new week out with a job across the water , on the Peninsula. This should be another long day because it's a machine that takes 2 people to work on it, for what we are doing.

The boat races are in Key West today. The wind always seems to blow when they are here, and it is blowing good today.

HA, we thought they were! We drove down there today and wondered why they were not charging anyone to get in, then wondered where the crane was to put the boats in, then wondered why the boats were still on trailers...cause the race is next weekend. HA! Still enjoyed the pits though.

The Budweiser Clydesdales were in town for the boat parade, so we got to see them. Awsome horses. They have not been in Key West for like 20 years, so it was fun to see them.

Then, the Sthil boat showed up! It is owned by a distributor from the Orlando area. Nothing spectacular, but we will pull for them. Spoke with the owner and told him we support him locally, and he thanked us! The new 200t came in on Friday!

Lot of money in the pits today, Paul, you will love the Ford, a replica from back in the day racing.

Oh and John loved the orange truck with the lowered cab!

Great pics Gigi. Don't you love playing 'tourist' in your own backyard?

Great news on the productive day, Steve. I had a rather large job yesterday also, my muscles are feeling it after a slow couple weeks.

Willie, good luck on the motor work. Pics would help us see what you're up against.

Carl, glad you're back up and working already. :thumbup:

I picked up some new (to me) stainless steel appliances from Craigslist this morning. I needed a dishwasher and range, found a deal for those plus a black refrigerator and a stainless microwave that mounts over the stove. They are all top of the line models, 3 years old and have been in storage for a year. Unfortunately the refrigerator is 1/4" too wide to fit in my kitchen unless I move a wall. So I put the fridge back on Craigslist and hopefully I'll find a buyer.

Visited my Gramps...fell and broke his femur and tibia...It aint' good. Looks like three months in bed. I guess I'll be travelin' a bit.:(

Visited my Gramps...fell and broke his femur and tibia...It aint' good. Looks like three months in bed. I guess I'll be travelin' a bit.:(

I hate to hear that, John...femur is tough to break; must be a lot of pain. And I bet he was getting better from his last bout of health problems. My best wishes for all of you.

alright skwerl here it is. got the pan back on, sme freeze plugs out and flushed, fuel pump off.

Steve, the injectors can be a pita to set up on that motor. Also, one problem I had was that the fuel filter had collapsed due to the vaccuum pressure and blocked fuel flow. The truck ran like crap, smoked and wouldn't rev up.

But with a used motor swap, obviously you're going to put a new filter on it anyway. Just get the one with the steel core so it won't collapse inside.

Brian, another thing that has me worried is there is some kind of klunking sound coming from inside the motor. My cousin thinks it is a collapsed lifter and that it will correct itself once we get oil pressure. The fuel thing acts just like the fuel system is shut off. No smoke at all from the exhaust pipe. The solenoid clicks like mad that turns the fuel on but no go. It could be that the valve is sticking or that it hasn't gotten fuel up there yet. I'm going to work on it tomorrow. I haven't been able to get any help online today.

Gigi, thats cool, Ford GT is a neat car, the new ones they built the last couple years are pretty wild. That color combo of orange and blue is hard to mistake. :)

...Carl, glad you're back up and working already. :thumbup: ...

I worked a little yesterday, went to crank a saw and something popped in my shoulder, and the pain came back in force. It was priceless watching me crank the saw with my feet and left hand.

This morning it's no better, scheduled an appointment to see the ortho tomorrow morning.

Carl

Back