How'd it go today?

Indeed, only one way to go :).

I got the trailer unhooked and the truck up the hill, climbed it fine without the 6k lbs of grinder to drag along.

Don't feel bad then.... now I can't get the truck to start this morning...:pissed:

Anyone want to donate to the "Bullets for the Engine Block" fund... I'm set with 12ga and 9mm!

Carl, sounds like a good day to call it off, sit on the porch and have a beer. Start over tomorrow morning.

Psh, the day is young (and hot). It's hooked to the 1 ton, got the teeth ready to change after I get done grinding in the gravel of this mornings job.

I get to build a shipping crate for Dave, sound like fun?

Paul doesent want me whining about the weather, recons its colder over there..ha!

if it would warm up a little here, it might snow!

Im tring to get out there, got to finish the one i pulled out of 2 days ago!

its all about layering Derek, ask Ryan, he, Craig and Canuck are likely good advisers on cold weather work.

Hot mother today.....

well I made it through 3/4 of the job today and one the pushing paddles on the back of the disc of chipper got all mangled up. Good thing I discovered it before major damage or injury occured. Got a new set of paddles coming from morbark overnight, and hopefully will be back up and running by noonish tomorrow. Then proceed to chip everything from this afternoons leftovers and tomorrow morning's job.

Fished a lombardy poplar out of a swimmin' pool. You know the same tree that a week ago I said "you should really let me take that down before it lands in your pool." Didn't get wet or nuthin.

TS

Good day,

First time contract climbing. Was really cool to make a mess, and not pick up a rake to clean it up :D . Came home not tired, worked 5.5 hrs with decent pay, can't ask for any more. I'm enjoying the self employed thing, its the best decision I've made 8) .

BV

Lumberjack, I know it might not seem like it but in the big scheme of things, it's not even a bad day. You know what I'm talking about.
I did a couple of bids this morning, did some maintenance, had a heart to heart with my son, went to Turlock and removed a couple of Soquel redwood trees and the stumps, sharpened everything up, did another bid and went and got gas in my PU. $92

its all about layering Derek, ask Ryan, he, Craig and Canuck are likely good advisers on cold weather work.

If you get a chill after having a coffee/smoke break, grab the rake and give her hell for a few minutes. Agressive raking always warms me up. Or do some body thrusting. :D

Hay lads,

Day 2, STILL dident get it done, i really hate this tree!

Not much to rake at 30m,(lol) waiting for fuel freezes me up the worst,
I had about 6 tanks through the 020 and 2 for the 025, tommorow the heavey raising and clean up the 4 yards the thing is in now!

then block down whats left

I havent needed 3 days in a tree for years~!

Dang, it sounds like you've got a drag-assing tree! I had an easy day at the zoo removing a big hanger and TD'ing a little tree. I love it when I hardly break a sweat, especially in this heat. It's wack how Derek is in his winter while we're steaming, ha!

Bad day here. Stuck at home, dehydrated really bad, cramped up and dizzy. I thing I might have heat stroke.

Removed 2 large (100' plus) jack pines a day ago in 98 degree heat, 12 hours in the scorching sun with no breaks. Shouldn't have pushed so hard.:(

I think I have heat stroke from working too long in the 98 degree heat the day before:what:

its not that hot here yet but last year I went through lots of water while working and most of the time added gatorade powder or squincher to it. no problems with heat stroke. do you use one of those camelbaks Jonseredbred?

squin.gif

gatorade-flavors-medley.jpg

No camelback. In fact that day we forgot the water cooler and there was no outside faucet at the customers house.

that sucks. I have been bringing a few one liter bottles of water with me each day and usually stop in at homedepot or some such and buy a couple flats of the half liter bottles of filtered water for a couple bucks. then I use the squincher packets to jazz it up.

oops, spelt it wrong:
http://www.sqwincher.com/Individual.html

We useually do to, just took it home to clean it out and forgot it.

Won't make that mistake again.

I have drank 2 bottles of pedialite today, the fuzzy fog is going away. I think I might go mow the lawn.

I found that I would drink LESS water overall when wearing a Camelback. I would take little sips but not slug down a quart of water per time.

A friend told me that the Camelbacks are actually very good because when you take constant little sips, it keeps your throat wet and your throat is where you lose the most amount of water from breathing. But also gulp down larger amounts when you come down from the tree.

It has been in the 90-100s here for the past 3 days. Real hot spell

It just hit 62 here. What a pleasure after the last few days. I'm always surprised by how the heat sneaks up on me, then I realize Oh yea, I was in the shade this morning and now I'm not.

TS

Back