How'd it go today?

Thats serious business Jonersered. Heat stroke kills!~ When your pukeing so bad and cramps make you stand up just puke in the shower, I got caught twice last year. Put me down for 2 days each time. Unless your production climbing the bear could catch you on heavy days. The more times the bear catches you the more likely you are to suffer from being bear caught again.
You just cant climb a 100 foot jack pine in moderation. Go a week hanging flyers in the AC of your car then get a job and climb all day. Very dangerous. The fog is a symptom I've not encountered, just cramp puking for 4 hours. If I start cramping I gotta cool down slow down real quick, if I start stomach cramping its to late and that night Ill puke for hours.
Bannas dont help nor gatoraid nor salt tabs but more important is physical conditioning to the heat.
I have a friend that works at a kidney dialisys center, sometimes he draws to much water off the patients and they immediately begin to cramp.

Aren't you some of the same guys complaining of the snow a few months ago???

Come to Hawaii where it is always hot and you won't have this problem...

I just think the human body wasent designed to withstand 50 degree tempreture variations, we get -10 to 40*c over here.

"ass draging tree" ha, does that mean we all get some of those from time to time?

Is it just me or does Paul have a photo for EVERYTHING??..LOL

25* would be the ideal working temp, none or LOTS of wind is also good!
August winds are hidous here, icy blasts from the alps for about 6 weeks,

Your right, i shouldent be whineing yet! Its only june.
BTW, in all our 8 months of summer, betcha no one could quote me whinging about the heat! I save it all up for winter..

I better go to work!

Raining all week and we're still running low on water. Stage 2 water restrictions could go on anyday now. Restricts irrigating to 2 days/week.:(

Squash why? down here there is lots of water just a shitty delivery system that cant handle the current population. whats your excuse?

She's dry over here Paul, drier than ever. Two hours of sun this afternoon after five days of fairly steady rain and everything is bone dry again.

Rented a man lift to do a big leyland hedge. The customer was very specific about how he wanted it done, so we couldn't just hack it in half. It still makes me want to break things when we have to these damn hedges.

Here's a view pics yesterday from the bucket and Babo getting the truck stuck. The truck had a full load of chips.
He tried to use the 4WD and pop the clutch and instead nuked the gears of
the front pumpkin (differential). Lot's of clunking. Poor Guy got a talking to.

We also went to the Golden Gate Park Arboreatum, sp?.

Our manager used to run the tree crew in the park so we get special tours and seminars at times.
The head of the arboreatum told us how inorder to become ADA wheelchair accessible compliant, then need to mow down some serious heritage and established trees inorder to build a new road through. CRAZY.

These rock workers are direct ancestors of the Mayan pyramid builders.
All their work is by hand chisel and single jack (little sledge).

It's a tank ramp, for tanks.

The CATs and Loader have no problem, but just about everything else
drags ass, usually just the hitch. This Babo tried it with a full load of chips
and the tires came off the ground, then he dumped the clutch on the 4WD,
The front diff catching all the weight exploded.

three pruning jobs and one spraying job, got it all done in 8.5 hours. nice! :)
and visited treeguyswife's husband briefly on a job I forwarded his way. all went well.tomorrow is a 10 hour day at the garden center, big seasonal sale of 30% off everything, from dawn to dusk the store is open, I am pulling the 0730 to 1730 shift, then a polish birthday party (in laws circle of friends) and sleepytimes. sunday is two bids, a visit to my pops for pops day and maybe a climb in the tree at my parents place for the niece. :) that and studying for my exam next wed.

you bet Nat... funny thing, when I visited treeguy today and told him how busy I was then he said ' aw shucks and I was gonna take you for lunch ..." hahaha SURE......
:D
another day, I have my raincheck ;)
hope all is well with you and your young'un.

:lol:

He really DID want to take you for lunch. Make sure you take him up on it one day.

I'm doing good and so is Roman. He changes so much every day.

I'm dying in the heat also, 103 F here yesterday. It is supposed to be a little cooler today. Excuse me a little less hot. At least I don't have rain to contend with, we normally receive no rain between April and November. Taking down a couple of silk oaks in a backyard today. It's one of those zero clearance lots, back yard is super small.

We have to go to Key West to dump a date palm that was WAY UNDER bid.:X The dump in Key West charges by the yard and not weight, so it is the cheapest alternative.

I think we have all done that V. It costs $55/ton to dispose of palm wood here. The hacks will sometimes dump it on city streets during the night.

Tit's and Beer, Dum de DumDum, The Sperm, Pooter the Poacher....I'm tired and lost a few skin cells.:D

Back