How'd it go today?

That "yes" looks like a "more please Derek"?

I think i picked the wrong thread for this but in a nutshell, regardless of who, we go "land climbing" first just get the rope around a clothline and the tree at about dBH and get them to be constantly leaning back and sliding/pulling/advancing around the yard.

The less friction on the clothline could represent different types of trees, either way it pays to get used to them on the ground first!

Get them used to sliding back with as much weight as they can, The knot will set to their weight with a gentle thumb motion-up- then mabey one handed could come in, Make sure they are using two fingers to move it down, that way the thumb is in the right position for adjustments.

Also important in there is that the hand is able to grab the rope under the knot and reef up!, this will lockin the prussic and let go of the rope

you'll find they will on the ground but wont from a tree, getting confident in the ropes is so important, a slip with a friction knot would be scary so do it on the ground,

It is unatural behaviour to lean back on a 45* angle and not have the falling feeling, up and down is fine but sideways is fun!

We better re rail the thread...

I had a great day, i yelled orders and sat in the truck with the heater on!

I did find this while i was looking....

Allways with the same system, supports any weight or activity,
most pics showing a less bulky friction knot.

When not in use the fig 8 hangs at the ready,
The others cause this ACDsee is fantastic and i can resize and rename in a second, hundreds of allways too hard to resize shots, i can post now...

Its the first thing the new guys learn, how to get me a coffee without spilling it!

I got the first pic wrong but it to shows how the other end will be used for balance/support while they come down together, prolly cut and held them, out of room to lower by the look of the pic

The shot i was looking for was this "supports any weight or activity",

Now go practise, Cheers Derek.

I pulled a stupid move today. Left a job without securing my saw. I left a 200T on top of the catwalk on the back of the bucket truck. Got to the next job and it wasn't on the truck, so my buddy backtracked and found it on the side of the road. Busted fuel tank and top handle where it got run over by a car. :cry: And it was my strongest, best running top handle of the three I own.

Had a potential customer call about a flyer Id hung on his mailbox last year. He said, " you know anyone that can get a huge pine out my yard for free.?"
I gave him a chance anyway and went on the bid.
He siad can you top out that bradford pear? I said, no as a arborist i dont top trees. well can you cut it down? he said. Yeah i said. How about this big oak can you take that limb off do arborist do that? I said, are you getting smart with me? He mumbled something. I said I dont need your business.

I hate being disrespected. I really wanted to pinch his head off.

Brian that really hurts. Buy yourself a new one to make yourself feel better. They always pay for themselves.

"He siad can you top out that bradford pear? I said, no as a arborist i dont top trees."

OR

"He asked if I could top his Bradford pear. 'No' I replied, as an arborist who proffers ethical tree care, I cannot in good faith top your tree."

Well if it means I can't top trees anymore, I hope I failed my test. Plus I am afraid you guys will call me on my tattoo pledge.

Robert, good for you for standing by your morals. :thumbup:

Darin, I was going to buy a new one but when I called my dealer he didn't have one in stock. :? So I'm going to just run my other two for a few days and see what my finances look like at the end of the month. I have a couple big bills coming up and I still have two 200T's.

Oh, and I just got a ticket for blowing through a stop sign a few minutes ago. Was coming home from checking on a job, talking on the phone and never saw it. :what:

today was cool. turned the cell off, took the wife and kid (niece) to science world. saw lots of neat things and tried a bunch of hands on stuff. including a grip test thingy, right hand 70 pounds, left hand 56 or so... turned the phone on when we got home, 5 messages which I figure can wait till tomorrow. tribaltreeguy and I will be pruning a doug fir inthe AM, then a couple bids to do after. I am looking forward to it, I figure he can talk me in to getting a bit higher in the tree than I am comfortable, heck, call me names and it might just work! :) http://www.scienceworld.bc.ca/

Paul I find it works best to just keep climbing and climbing without looking down and before you know it you're at 100' and it really isn't that bad. :D

I used to tell guys who were nervous about climbing big trees to keep climbing higher because somewhere up there is the the size tree you feel comfortable in.

OM, you make a lot of things seem trivial with your comments..... I will see what happens tomorrow, hopefully there wont be any 40 foot bucket rescues called in :) I dont figure there will be.

More than the height it is the wiggle. 30 feet in squiggly little trees is more sphincter intensive for me than 60 feet on a solid tree that isn't swaying all over. Of course ALL the heights scare me-they just don't stop me. Even 6-8 feet up can get you seriously hurt.

More than the height it is the wiggle. 30 feet in squiggly little trees is more sphincter intensive for me than 60 feet on a solid tree that isn't swaying all over. Of course ALL the heights scare me-they just don't stop me. Even 6-8 feet up can get you seriously hurt.
sphincter intensive RALMFAO !!!

Got my truck running but not fixed, showered, had a couple of beers, and Bob's your uncle. :)

Swapped out rear tail light housings for some from a newer F250 bed, replaced the Neutral Safety Switch on the transmission, installed the new harness to the switch, finally have working reverse lights. :D

Now I just need to finish pulling the dash to rewire a few odds and ends. :pissed:

Went down to our apt complex office and put in a complaint about my neighbor beating his wife with a coat hanger i suspect. They lived here bout 30 days. The last neighbor (another fighting couple)I bout chainsawed thru the wall to get at, . Me and my wife rarely even argue. I cant understand communicating with a loved one in a way that is so damageing.

On a positive note turned 1200 today with 5 dead pines @150 expence.

Congrats cybergeek. You could be close to the pot of Gold working for the state.

Back