How'd it go today?

the spar pole with a block at the top and one down level with the winch
and a log in skid

I had a most excellent day today. Referral job, wooded lot with 2 houses in downtown Orlando, 2 removals and all the rest (about 20 trees, all 60'-75') got cleaned up. 9 hours working time, $850 cash. No hauling, no dragging brush, no chipping, no expenses other than diesel fuel and saw gas, just nothing but flying the bucket and doing what I love. It sure rounded out my week nicely.
:)

Nice Pics,

Today I worked in Novato Hills, nothing but oaks. Coast live, Valley and poison oak.

P.s. Yeah I know I'm posing. It was warm today, about 75 in the shade.

Split some wood yesterday...by hand. Used some muscles I haven't used in a while, feels good though. Trying to clean up the log pile so I can stack it neater this time.

Today I watch the rain fall.:)

Bodean, working on a Saturday... I've been avoiding that lately. Nice trees, where were you at?

jp:D

LOL, Ha, I work everyday.

That was on a 5 acre parcel in the NW corner of Novato.
Lot's of nice trees and there seems to be money growing on them, Just gotta climb up there and get it.

It was MINUS 6.5 degrees [c] at dawn today, very heavy ice and frost from the recent rain, It is also a public holiday for the Queens birthday (no jokes please) my electric blanket was on full and i SO00oo wanted to stay there!!

9.30 am before i set a rope, had to be out by 3pm, with it all cleaned up..
Just too damm cold to be outside, we hussseled!!

See photo thread for pics.

Already been and come back from Richmond again. I had to go back and complete a welding test for the job I interviewed for on Wednesday. I did my best vertical bead to date this morning, and made a couple of decent beads on aluminum for the first time ever. All in all, it went well. Now I just sit and wait for some replies from the interviews. :O

Awright Jason! Good luck buddy. :)

Scott, I also just finished before the rain hit. Went through hail on the drive home.

Got home and my computer was frizzed out, it wouldn't boot up properly. I did a 'system restore' as well as having to run a setup on some 'bios' thingamajig or something. Not sure if I did it right or not but the computer started working again and it's faster than ever! :)

I stripped out three pines so a crane can snatch the logs at a later date. The third tree was a little rough on my foot, but a good hot/cold soaking fixed that right up! :beer:

Finally got two calls after hanging flyers for days. I went 4 weeks steady four weeks not 1 tree, now 4 weeks booked. Kicking up pines already, thats great.

Back