How'd it go today?

At first I was trying to figure out why Darin would stick gum in Haley's ears. Then I remembered that chewing gum is good for clearing your ears when flying!

and how many reindeer?

John, I have a smart ground guy too. I worry about losing him when things get slow or from lack of stimulation. I've been having my guy climb some armed with a handsaw and a pole pruner. No chainsaw in tree for him yet.

Today was my first money making tree day in a week or so. Things seem to be picking up a bit. We did three small jobs today and everything went well. I got a call for a bid(my second in a weeks time). When I showed up another tree service was just pulling up to give a bid. He's a fellow I've met before and he seems pretty cool. He said hello to me and then walked a bee line to my chipper. He wants to see it on a job sometime. We walked the customers job together, went to our separate trucks and wrote up our bids. He asked what mine was and I showed him. It was identical to his, down to the dollar. He tore up his and told the client I was a good tree guy and they should use me. I like this guy.

with competition like that... :lol:

you do know you have to tell him when he can come watch the chipper though, right?

No crashing it ???
Darn.
:banghead:
That is some house, ey ?!? Looks 2 be new construction. They probably worked around that cursed poplar the entire time, and then couldn't explain why it died ? LOL
:scratch:

2.5 hrs on the ground. Another 2 hrs to rake and haul, Only had to rope out one limb:D

Nice take down. Today I went on two bids. The first was elevate 1 acera horse farm and remove 2 dead trees @1800. One of the larger jobs I've secured all year. :P The second was bid 5 40 foot dead pines in about a foot deep of horse shit @ 1200. Job would normally go for 700 if there werent any horse shit.

How did you get the leaning fork towards the house down>? Tie a rope in to top of it and pull with the mini and cut at the fork?

I took down a dead Poplar once and I had one limb that stuck out maybe 30' from the trunk at a 45 degree angle and I had it rigged to the trunk. With no leaves on it when I cut it the limb it really accelerated and slammed into the trunk like you wouldn't believe. These little pieces of the limb broke off when it hit the trunk and went shooting way over into the neighbor's and landed with a huge noise on the roof of this mobil home. I was lucky that no one was home.

Where no bivys tied into I would have cut that limb to the right, then used loops runners to hang the top over the house, let it hang and pulpwood it down. Safer than one shot but takes longer.

Or just hang the right side of the top with a tag line on it and pull it out on to the drive way. Was it solid?

HInged large lead away from house...dead poplar will not hold as long(note:) mile away like MB said)

well my customer sent me the spar pole logging pics :) unfortunatley only one of the pole rigged and one of a log being skid but lots of top and drops. we actually had a pretty good sized deck of logs at the end.
these 3 were of the log i used as a spar, left it at the topped height and hung a block

Had the NJ comp today. Was a pretty good time all around. Most of my scores and times improved but my final place didn't in 7th. Took 2nd in thowline with just 2 shots. 4th in footlock with a 24 sec. And 5th in the work climb. Didn't check on my AR score and I blew the speed climb. I was the first of the day to do it and felt a little too short to do it ladder style. If I didn't blow it there I would have been 5th overall being there was only a 3 point difference.

We were supposed to have a picnic afterwards by Famous Dave's but he just became famous for going to the wrong place and not coming. But the NJISA was able to throw something together rather fast and we still had some food before the awards.

Yeah figured I didn't have to mention that part. He had a really nice work climb.

Back