How'd it go today?

Well it’s 11 years old with 19xx hours of moving tonnage. I am 10,000% certain it owes me nothing.
mine has around 3300 hours, the owner said he left the key on over winter and ran up from 1500 hours but I dont believe it, engine has fallen out on me too many times
does yours blow hot air on the operator? mine has nothing between the operator and engine, its like standing infront of an oven
need to rebuild the engine on mine, new injectors, hydraulic pump and both lift cylinders, rebuild the valves, new radiator, and itll be good to go but still lacks capacity
the thing is, I use it too much for it to take up space in the shop while I take it apart, find parts, put it back together, and hope it works flawless
my plan is to upgrade to a bigger machine (160 or 1550, or the giant considering they cost the same), and keep the boxer as a spare/power supply for stationary equipment since its got 2 aux hydro systems, one high flow at a whopping 14GPM

Dang you weren’t kidding Flushcut. Curious as to why you took the roller assembly all the way off.
Mine has over 4000 hours and doesn’t owe me a thing. Most likely I’m under $15k in maintenance and repairs. Since I bought it used in 2015.

Dang you weren’t kidding Flushcut. Curious as to why you took the roller assembly all the way off.
Mine has over 4000 hours and doesn’t owe me a thing. Most likely I’m under $15k in maintenance and repairs. Since I bought it used in 2015.
I needed to get access to some lines that you can’t get to from the belly pan and we needed to pull the drive motor lines back for easier install.
I am no where close to $15k in repairs and maintenance probably under $5000.
And slowly the wrench turns
IMG_1936.jpeg
I did however find a replacement for the mini but IMG_1935.jpeg I might need a bigger trailer

Mow stuff
And that’s what I get for glancing at my phone while doing something else. I guess you can just pick things up and put them down. Or push them around

I've known guys that ran those doing snow and for lot clearing, the things print money doing those. Others use them for their yard, great way to move a mountain of stuff in a hurry and since they can pick ungodly weights and run attachments they can really surprise you with how useful they are. So i could see you buying one, i don't consider it that far fetched because I've seen them in use and known other guys with them. But yeah you need a really big job to really use one of those to their potential, and they are very dangerous if you have people around.

No way to drive up there unless you know somebody. Locked gate at the bottom. Long hike to get up just to the upper power plant and a bit of a hike from there to the dam. Pretty old dam with no reinforcing. Looks in good shape but wonder how long it has left.

Nice. Looks like a high site index site for the area. What did logger woman think of the job?
Except for the fact that she hung one up, she loved it, and did pretty good.
Be interesting to see how well she made out financially, once I get the numbers.

Gave me a chance to show her how to deal with a hung up tree, so that was good.

Also it was fun to watch her running on top of the logs like a squirrel with her new caulk boots.
It is a pretty good guess, she is the only woman in Europe wearing caulks.
They are pretty much unknown here, except for my crews.
I ,of course, learned about them in California.

I guess im gonna go finish up a job today, the bucket repair was successful and worked great all day, of course we found a slit in the sidewall of one of my steer tires but that was expected considering the dry rot, as one might can tell, the trucks been a work in progress, for right now I have to chip into the dump trailer or one of the 2 piles the customer wants

going to my stump guys birthday party this evening, next sunday im going to my first concert (born of osiris with 4 daze dead, love the hate and haze)

got 3 loads of logs off this job already, left my chipper and skidsteer on the job till its done, once I get this tire done I have a rather big 1-2 day job going through and cleaning up a property, low limbs and re shaping some shrubs

Gotta go finish up a job today. More storm damage climbing. It's like it never ends. Some good sized oaks he wanted trimmed up too high IMHO, But.... it's money. They are doomed anyway. Fungus amongus. Fire zone, so all the wind shading is gone in an over grown riparian zone.
Knee was feeling a little better. Caught Levi's cold so I was not getting the air I'd like. First day of climbing with out a knee brace since Nov?
3 good sized ones. Did not want to push it.
Two more today and I should be done before noon.

Good luck today, CV. I musta missed it, what happened to your knee

worked in that rain on the crane job a few weeks ago, got a cold, got over it like 3 days ago and got a ticklish throat now, (no clue why, maybe all of last weeks coughing?)
still working tho, at this rate if I took my sick days off along with my equipment breakdowns we would never get any work done!
this job im doing right now, we have hauled roughly 50-55 yards of chips off it, and about 30000 pounds of logs, still 1 or 2 loads of chips and logs to go, once I get a new tire on the bucket truck ive gotta go back and trim back a holley bush for the neighbor (who built the house and planted the trees for the job im doing right now) told him $900 to trim these holleys since im already working there and have equipment with me and he said "nah make it an even thousand", im not gonna argue with that!

we have I think 15 baby chickens, and 7 little bunnies, we bought 3 does and a buck but somehow got 2 does and 2 bucks, sorry little dude, shoulda double checked
got a replacement doe we call lizzo for uhh, reasons.
hopefully I wedged the skidsteer into a stump really good, parked on a bit of a hill and it creeps real bad, if I didnt then I expect it either in a tree or the neighbors yard when I go back to get it.

Back