How'd it go today?

. The winter winds along with plants/trees shut down and not transpiring desiccate the atmosphere.

Geez I never thought of that. Is that a theory or a real thing? Interesting either way

Finally actually could lay down and get more than an hours of sleep last night.

Arm still woke me up, but it's nice to feel 1/2 rested at least.
Still can't come close to bending enough to eat with it, but can type with both hands now for a little bit.

Did manage to move a couple feet of snow from the drives with the snow thrower yesterday so at least we can get in & out.
Feel ya on that. Its like I can get the pain down just enough to sleep. Then it wakes me up again. Over and over. Cats pouncing adds to the effect.

Last edited:
When I left the shop the this morning, Dingo was working and unloading and decking logs. Crossing my fingers It is still when I get home.
I cant get down on my knees, so I had to direct Rob and Kailyn and help if I could just bend over to tighten, prime, or align something.
Thankful it's running. When every day is Dingo appreciation day, crew gets tired of the experience.

Last edited:
John came over and we wrecked more of the toilet poplar. All of the rigging is done. We had some cold temps and heavy winds. We couldn’t have done the job with the winds if it was in leaf.
He ran ropes perfectly.

Attachments

• D73A73D2-C912-405B-8388-C371B7E6FEE6.jpeg
    D73A73D2-C912-405B-8388-C371B7E6FEE6.jpeg
    544.6 KB · Views: 10
  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    14.2 MB
007 curculator at the oil boiler from the owb heat exchanger can't keep up. (Too much head). Added one in the garage at the exchanger, desire loop. Temp climbed from 105 to 125 in under an hour. Hopefully will see a bigger improvement after the house catches up. An 011 will push it, but I don't have one, but do have a pile of surplus 007s and other plumbing parts.

Fired up the second wood stove for the first time. I have an old timer automatic draft big clunker central in this drafty old farm house. Wonder Wood.
Old timey circulator. I had one a neighbor gave me. He had pulled out the fire bricks and made a stainless replacement for the brick retainers. He had never got it done and quit heating with wood. I bought new bricks for it and was ready to rebuild it. Buddy found a Wonder Wood in good shape out to the road and called me. I told him stay right there, I'll be there in 5 minutes. Not pretty but it works well. Takes a big chunk and regulates burn automatically. Couldn't beat the price. I have used the neighbors for parts already. Win win.
Of course the stainless double wall did cost me $1200 and quite a bit of work. This is the 3rd heating season so I guess it's paid off.

Newer stove is a Avalon. Pretty and more efficient. Takes more tending and smaller wood. Craiglist find for I think $2 or $250. 4th heating season for it.

Got the oil furnace fired up for the first time also. Boiler pipes freeze if it isn't running in the low 20's Winter is a lot of fun. Tending 2 wood stoves is a chore.
I love living in Florida. My heater consists of a $25 portable electric heater I bought off Amazon and keep next to my desk for 3 months per year. As backup I have electric central heat but I haven't used it in 3 years.
And if you want to give me crap about the heat in the summer, my highest electric bill this year was $188 and that was due to the high oil prices.

:P
Not effin' likely. Even though I was born and raised there, I'll now leave that "paradise" to Brian, Gigi, and Brett. Florida is nothing like it was in the 50's, 60's, even 70's. It might be OK if you had no idea of what it had been. But I do know and miss the old Florida too much to enjoy it much now, at least as a place to live.

Long story short, yes I understand the old FL was truly a special place.

Back