How'd it go today?

People bitching about diesel prices because they drive a diesel truck but when it hits people just living their lives?! Well, maybe the powers that be will listen. ( I have my doubts but if they don’t they may live to regret it )

A bit more work done on the tree house. She's asking for a higher tower, meaning a floor at 12'. It's 12'x12'x12'.

Dahlia did some marking of the position of some braces, then helped align them flush to the floor joists, while I screwed them in, while working below the deck.

Going to put in some more floor boards, now.

Went back to work around noon. Managed to mow 5-6 acres between the zero-turn and the bat-wing before customers started to hinder accomplishing more.

There's usually tomorrow...

Rain day. I made slings, opened a road due to storm damage, looked at a big job five removals three of them are over the house and deck and the other two are near big wires, and I want to kill some customers. They get all pissy when I tell them I am three weeks out and then they push the job off three more weeks. WTF!

Rain day. I made slings, opened a road due to storm damage, looked at a big job five removals three of them are over the house and deck and the other two are near big wires, and I want to kill some customers. They get all pissy when I tell them I am three weeks out and then they push the job off three more weeks. WTF!

Hell....I'm about 4 months out.

Not a great day. I have a bunch of stuff to do this week, and the boss frigged around all day yesterday, so that was a lost day and put me behind. Had to layout a bunch of road today, and it was more involved than anticipated. Didn't help that we left the office 1.5hr later than we should have(boss again), so we had to work "late" to make up for it. Would have gotten back on time if we left on time. Long and short of it is I flipped out at the job, slammed my radio against a roller, and stomped a plastic box I keep in the truck with misc stuff in it(I was looking for another radio). Just finished grade sheets and sent them off. Hopefully tomorrow will be better...

Decent day here. Beautiful temps with just a dash of rain. Dropped off the picnic tables I borrowed for the party and then picked up a hillbilly built golf cart. Thing is basically a hydrostatic lawn mower on a golf cart frame with hydraulic dump. The pump is connected to the opposite side of the engine. Think, not the shaft side but the flywheel side with an adapter kit. Never seen anything like it. Took me all of ten minutes once I got home to break it. What appears to be two fiberglass discs, connected the engine to the driveshaft. Learned not to attempt wheelies. Now I have to figure out what they are called and where to get them. Also pulled the electric stove out of the kitchen and brought a new to me gas one in. Plumbers are coming tomorrow to run the gas line. My problem now is figuring out how to plug this thing in to the same outlet as the fridge. Both have those cords that are at a 90 degree angle. They both can’t go in at the same time. I might just cut the drywall and put in a double box with another outlet. That will most likely happen if I can’t find an outlet that is turned sideways. Found one on Amazon but it’s $50. I have a hard time justifying that cost when a standard one is $8. Oh well. I’ll worry about it tomorrow. Gonna catch up on some reading before going to bed

Back