How'd it go today?

Today is Amazon sucks day. I shut off my Prime last month as I haven't been buying anything, and things have been tight. Prime pays for itself quickly, if you are using it. I just went to my bank to deposit some cash to cover a payment, barely, and they still charged my account, meaning my other payment won't be covered. Not a great start to the day. Got another $7,400 medical bill yesterday, as well. Time to make some calls on that, too.

Not sure how Prime pays for itself, as long as they keep up free shipping(mostly) with a trivial minimum purchase. I wait til I need a few things, then order at one time. If it takes longer to get to me(It's still lightning fast), it's no big deal. I went 53 years without $item, and a few days longer won't matter. Besides, it violates my policy of not paying stores for the privilege of shopping at said stores. Want my loyalty? Be the best you can be, and I'll shop there. I don't have to be mind tricked into using you cause I have "skin" in the game via subscription fees.

Your exact issue is why I don't autopay anything. I sometimes pay a few dollars more for a service cause I do it by the month, but when I stop paying, the relationship is truly over. No lingering hassle of companies accessing my accounts without authorization.

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you. If nothing else, they should be able to work with you on the medical stuff.

Prime subscriptions help send Elite humans to the edge of outer space for ten minutes while the peasants stay locked in their homes waiting for the sky to fall. Has there ever been a greater number of noses rubbed in shit at one time? 😊

Ended up getting the truck today. 2020 with 20k miles. 4wd. Last year of the 5.7L, 6 speed. That’s a proven power train. Wasn’t a bad deal considering the market. This is going to be retired in 2035 so we’re going to get our moneys worth.

Traded a 2007 Highlander with 200K on it. Got $2500 for it.

Attachments

• 1C0DAD5B-21A7-45E7-97B5-001068447048.jpeg
    1C0DAD5B-21A7-45E7-97B5-001068447048.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 14
Went back to work for the first time in over a week. Staked a house, and some kind of monument. Boss' girlfriend wanted me to brushcut her riding ring. It hasn't been used in awhile, and grew up a little. Boss got a cutter repaired, but it was leaking fuel(minor problem), and it ran out of string(major problem). I got my big boy cutter from the office, but I only have steel blades, so I couldn't get right up against the fence. It still looks better than it did, and I'll ask boss if he wants me to find out where the fuel's going in his cutter.

Got home and shortened grass. That's always a highlight :^S Also, I just picked up my new glasses. Everything's clearer, but it looks weird. Takes time to adjust. The last sunglasses I got felt like I was walking on a sphere. Always slightly downhill of the crest. weird sensation, but I got used to them. My new glasses are a touch smaller than the old ones, and I'm hoping they fit better under my poly helmet visor. The old ones /just/ fit, but they were squeaking by.

I have glasses that, in the beginning, made every flat and level surface (countertops) look like they had something like 1/8” per ft pitch. My eyes adjusted. Now, level things look like they’re pitched when I remove them. Amazing how our brain compensates.

Back