How'd it go today?

A little of both @cory . Lots of drama/ politics and economic realities at play in the world wide timber industry. Logging old growth isn't in style any longer. Alaska has a tough ride competing on the world market over all.

Down 22 lbs in 2 months from no alcohol. Switched to athletic brewing. Climbing hard 5.10-5.11 again....which is nice at 51.

also...bought this truck today for 2k....got a few issues, but runs well

Attachments

• 65929139735__834ECB55-E903-4F44-B4AC-0B4E5B77880B.jpg
    65929139735__834ECB55-E903-4F44-B4AC-0B4E5B77880B.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Wow that's a long time.

Do tell pls about the toes. I can imagine but I didn't know climber's toes getting beat up was a thing

Took Otis in for physical, shots, & to pick up his prescription. Doc says he's doing great. :D
They love him there...always well behaved (except when he's swallowing is leash) :lol:

Picked up a couple months worth of groceries while I was near there (right next door).

Spent a couple hours on hold on the phone failing to get a tax question answered.

Last edited:
Wow that's a long time.

Do tell pls about the toes. I can imagine but I didn't know climber's toes getting beat up was a thing

I haven’t met a long time climber without smashed toes.

More than likely due to squeezing your feet into a pair of climbing shoes a couple of sizes too small.

I have had smashed toes from tree work. Something about a rosin-rich rope not running well and a ~350# chunk of wood coming down and slamming into the trunk, with nothing but your right foot to slow it down....

Last edited:
A thicker mechanic type glove, they’re helpful to cut back the vibration when running a chainsaw, but not warm. I got a couple pairs of MCR Ninja Ice gloves around somewhere, I gotta find those.

I hate it when guys up near the Arctic Circle complain about the cold. You could move down here near the equator...sissy.

Oh, wait...I complain about the cold, too! Never mind. I use the Atlas Therma-Fit...they help but when it's really cold here...30's and below...I am whining with the Therma-Fits, too.

Back