How'd it go today?

Love me a Yamaha.
Reminds me, the boy’s TTR90 needs rings.

I hear there’s a lunar eclipse tonight. Probably too cloudy for me, but might see a hint of red.

Wasn't a bad day. Just a low key Saturday. Went to Ollies this morning, and scored 16 cans of pink marking paint @ ~30% off, I'll turn in a receipt at work. Got groceries at aldi, then hung out around the house. Cut a few tiny trees on the property. A couple locusts, and a tulip poplar I've been debating on for awhile. Tulips get impressively big, but it would shade out my dawn redwood, and they're kinda breaky, not to mention the shitton of seeds they produce. You should have seen the size of the growth rings. I estimated it was 12yr old, and it was >15'.

I left two pin oaks for the time being. The one next to the house, I'll cut the house limbs, and wait awhile. The one near the wires, I'll cut down later. I might cut it short just to see what it'll do. It can't be a proper pin oak in the current location. It'll be in wires regardless of prune.

Fun fact... Quality tulip poplar makes the finest survey stakes. Light to carry, but hard and durable for temporary purposes. Add defects, and oak is better. It'll hold up to knots and sketchy stuff better than poplar. Get a knot in poplar, or a bit of rot, and the whole thing can come apart.

blew & toted leaves several hrs today.

Probably have to do most of the place once more, but I'll settle for what is done on everything except a couple large Mulberries that haven't near dropped 12 what they have yet.

Last edited:
Not having good luck with Stihl power pruners. Too much power, not enough pruning. The HT 131 snapped the drive shaft at the power head, replaced it, then stripped the shaft out of the plastic spline end of that same piece. The HT 133 broke in the same spot, but this one is an all metal twisted wire flex shaft. 3 breaks like this all this year.

Back