How'd it go today?

Cause post count +1, right? Spun up a 62dl chain for my little saws today. I might need to climb with one later this fall, and a light saw's better than a heavy one. Otherwise, I don't usually use the 18" bars. Anyway, this is an example of my handpeened tiestraps with Carlton 3/8lp(my potatocam, so not the best pic)...

IMG_20210911_204342.jpg

My buddy Charley stopped in today & we had a good visit. Brought over a few packages of beef from his farm & some venison/bacon sausage...good trade for me taking on chores again next week when he goes up bear hunting. :thumbup:

Doc took him off chemo & switched him to to hospice/morphine..Chuck says regardless of how he feels he might as well go up hunting once more if/while he can.

Last edited:
Yea, I assume that means 9 pin. Pretty big, and will make the chain fly. How will it handle with the bar buried in hardwood? Dunno. Everything I have is the stock 7 pin.

Today was my 47th Birthday. Had a shave. Packed up a load of stuff at my dads. Found a load of Salmon fishing flies to take for a friend in Norway. Went to get an envelope of money from his mate who had sold his old golf buggy. Had a lemon top at the beach with the missus and kids then met with a friend and his family for a bite to eat.

Now just preparing stuff. We are Celebrating the life of my dad tomorrow then Cremating him.

Not gonna be an easy day I suspect, but it has to be done.

32956A80-9CE1-4658-A96E-6F39D7560FE5.jpeg

76A09581-7855-4572-9007-9BB80D0E9DB3.jpeg

Great pics, sir.

Sorry to hear but it could be a nice day of celebration overall

Today was my 47th Birthday. Had a shave. Packed up a load of stuff at my dads. Found a load of Salmon fishing flies to take for a friend in Norway. Went to get an envelope of money from his mate who had sold his old golf buggy. Had a lemon top at the beach with the missus and kids then met with a friend and his family for a bite to eat.

Now just preparing stuff. We are Celebrating the life of my dad tomorrow then Cremating him.

Not gonna be an easy day I suspect, but it has to be done.

View attachment 114186

View attachment 114187
Best wishes, Rich. Happy birthday.

Tomorrow will likely suck, but maybe it will bring some bit of peaceful finish. I hope it does, my friend.

Back