How'd it go today?

Made grass shorter today. Looks like it takes about 2hr with my pushmower. I'd have waited til later in the week, but the weather's getting nasty. Almost 90° by the weekend. If I push grass shortening forward, I start to accumulate weeks I don't have to do it. Almost held out, cause it's gonna suck later in the year, and I do it then, but no point in torturing myself more than necessary. I might do some brushcutting tomorrow. It'll be the last day it's <80°. Get the back of the property done.

edit:
Oh, and today was the first day I wore my new Husqvarna muffs on a construction site. It's amazing how much a slight shaving of weight affects comfort. If you handed me a a pair of those, and a pair of my old peltors, and asked what I thought about the weight, I'd probably just shrug, and say they're about the same. They feel different on a helmet though, and the balance/weight feels much better with the Husqvarnas. I also appreciate the lower profile, and larger ear cups. More comfortable all around.

Last edited:
Pretty routine day. Had to mark out for bearing pads on a bridge. I had done it when I did the holes, but the finisher finished off some of my marks, so a few had to be reset. Since my robot's been down, the boss has been on my jobs. He's on top of the pier, while I'm in the shade of a roller waiting to find out what's needed...

20210518_104746.jpg

He didn't look really comfortable up there, and I was getting anxious watching him. Makes my fingers hurt. That's my psychological response to heights, or even thinking about heights. Interestingly, I don't get that from trees. Not to say I'm always super happy when I'm up high, but it doesn't really weird me out the way construction stuff does. Just thinking about walking steel makes my fingers hurt.

Got home and did some brushcutting around my house since it's as cool as it's gonna be for awhile. Cicadas are coming out. After I finished brushcutting, I thought "Maybe I shouldn't have done that...". More choices for the cicadas to chew on, and they might help me out. Oh well. They probably only like the stuff I like anyway. That's usually the way it works. Wasn't a bad day.

I went to Comptche this morning to visit Jim Ciro. John Ciro's Dad. 98 years old. Found him working in the garden. He didn't know who I was until I started talking. He's getting pretty fragile.
Does Jim swear like John?

Nice that he was in the garden at 98

Got home from work and noticed the sump pump gave out, so that was fun to change in the rain (crawlspace type deal, entrance is down a ladder from the outside). Then went and grabbed drinking water, and then did my other chores, also in the rain :lol: In other news, my wire rope and rigging all showed up too, so that's also just sitting in the rain til i can get to it later this week. Had my covid test this am before my surgery on Thursday to remove my mediport, so that's exciting too, pretty stoked to be back to normal with the port gone. It was handy when i was getting treatment, but now that I'm back to work it's just a liability if something hits it. If i need 2nd line treatment they have to put a 3 lumen port in anyways, so they can do the same stuff in that.

Not done too much these last days. Went to a cabin at the weekend. One of my friends was taking a few trees for the owner. he needed climbing kit so went up there and chilled for 2 days. kids went out on the boat and we barb b q'd everything. Monday 17th May was Norwegian National day. We had a few friends over, had a buffet and played a few games outside with the kids. it was wet but a nice day.

Other than that it has been exercises on the hour and mobility of the hand. Changed the dressing the other day and it was looking pretty good, dry but at least there was no smell this time and skankiness. The fingers are still very stiff first thing in the morning. They still have a sausage like appearance ;)

Almost forgot, my youngest likes me to pull his loose teeth, he acts like it’s a present for me. So that was my main treat!

Little nutter!

D7909AD0-8EE2-4D37-B284-C839CFD68CEA.jpeg 39A3A4EB-025E-4A8A-B3AD-AC140ACDD25F.jpeg 67ABF978-6BFF-48A5-86DF-5BB033682C3C.jpeg BF75C770-6199-4025-89A9-4F1178D90B16.jpeg 40CB83F1-FC2D-465A-A7B2-669AF067F6C5.jpeg

Last edited:
They're pretty fun aside from the puking part, and the boy farts a lot, but I can't say much about that :^D

Back