How'd it go today?

That's what I'm thinking, but mine won't be that big. Probably just about rr spike sized. I can't easily cut holes, but I can run a hammer.

Drove an hour up to my friend's place in Camden ME to do some trunk injections for browntail moth. We had these moths terribly for several years in this area, but populations collapsed two years ago. I hadn't used my arborjet injection tool since then. Couldn't get it working at all today, troubleshooting in the AM and if i can get it working try it again tomorrow. Feeling kinda sheepish that I made the drive prior to testing my gear. Oh well, it's a nice drive

Beautiful day yesterday. 4 dead spruce and 5 dying pine down and cleaned up. 2 more were added and of course they are the biggest and fullest on the property. Work for another day.
We camped in the back yard last night and I surprisingly slept till 8:30. It’s looking to be a beautiful day again. I need to shorten my grass and possibly weed whack. I might just toss a pole and tackle box in the side by side and disappear for the afternoon. Enjoy the weekend everyone

I cut 6 3"x3" holes in the side of a burn barrel around the bottom edge, and another 6 around the middle with an angle grinder. It was a great burn barrel, burned super hot and fast and clean too. It also had a few holes in the bottom and sat up on bricks, so the coals on the bottom would burn. Having those big vents at the bottom helped allow for a strong draft that kept much of the ash blown out so it wouldn't fill so fast. I'd occasionally use a blower through those holes to blow out what ash didn't fly out. Then I could burn all day for a couple days before dumping it.

Sometimes you need the extra rest.

I tend to get up earlier on the weekends cuz.....I don't have to work!

Nice weekend of family and friends. Two youngest daughters here from TX and PA. Saturday with Aunts and cousins. Sunday with their childhood friends.

This morning we are netting young bushes and trees, as the 17 year Brood X cicadas start to emerge in force. Somewhere I have photos of the rampant flagging from the last time they were out.

That’s an old hemlock polesaw handle as part of the center support for the tarp, with lengths of retired Yale Poison Hi-vy rope used to hang it.
8BDE0F5B-DE47-42F4-83E4-6BC9881936B6.jpeg 8BEBF5D0-E003-4452-ADF6-2839FCE50616.jpeg
07A9166A-D741-4E07-8C88-36D4C1845AF3.jpeg

Back