How'd it go today?

Cold hands been a bigger problem since the chemo @stig ?
I’m sure it varies depending on the drug and dosage. My dad has some bad cold sensitivity/ neuropathy since some treatment 4+ years ago. It’s gotten better than it was while the drugs were still active in his body, but holding cold drinks and cold weather seems to really hurt his hands.

Nope, I've had Raynayd's syndrome for a long time, from running saws.

But the 3 fingers on my right hand, that I crippled by that falling down the stairs stunt, have no circulation at all.
Like having Raynaud times 10.

Thanks for heated handles on saws, or I wouldn't be able to work.

Is that a small old clear cut at two o'clock, or just a barren area?

Is that a small old clear cut at two o'clock, or just a barren area?
Yes, laid out by yours truly quite a few years ago now. Snow machines get clear on top of the snow covered peak in the background. The road was located on top of the unit for uphill yarding. Always thought the landing would make a good zip line down to the lake <grin>

While the kids and I enjoyed french dip style prime rib sammies, i introduced Katy to Orange roughy. Breaded it in quinoa flour with seasoning and sauteed it in olive oil. Then made a lemon butter wine sauce in the pan and served it with a sweet potato. She enjoyed.
Dont know that I have cooked orange roughy since my stint at the mansion.

We used to get orange roughy regularly, and inexpensively...it was a lovely fish to cook with, in many different ways. But that's been at least 20 years ago, I think. Then, it got pricey...and then it got gone from the fish markets. All in less than 10 years. Overfished. I have not seen it in my stores for a very long time.

IIRC , back then it was coming to our markets from the New Zealand and Australian wild caught fisheries.

I'd love to see it available again. I will look.

You should. This was New Zealand born.
Almost forgot how nice it was. Katy had never eaten it. So I just had to indulge. I should look around for some John Dory. That was always a crowd pleaser as well..
I would have them delivered pretty much whole fish on ice and clean them and cook them right up. Expensive as well as i recall.

Sucked. I was supposed to be off this week aside from one day at my big job, and it was expected to be short. Got a bunch more work dumped on me, and did 9.5hr today with paperwork yet to do, and it'll likely be late days the rest of the week unless things go better than I'm expecting.

What really pisses me off, is the extra work's bullshit. The state engineer wants the wetlands marked out. He doesn't friggin' need the wetlands marked out. If they're within the LOD I already spent a shit ton of hours laying out, we can disturb them according to plan. If they're outside the LOD, we can't. It's a pretty clever acronym; Limit Of(friggin') Disturbance. Tells you exactly what matters, but I'm out here doing tricks for some shitbag that sits behind a desk.

It's all bullshit. Engineers shit something out on a piece of paper, and think it's made of gold. The wetlands I'm laying out have wetlands on both sides of the flags. IOW, there's more wetland than what's marked on the plan. I don't have any fancy degrees, but I know what swampy ground, reeds, and cattails indicate, but they think their little doodles on a page mean something...

Getting tired of this work. Spending more and more of my time doing stupid shit, when I could be making America great, or just taking off and trying to enjoy my life...

I guess I won't "like" that post. Hoping for the "better" the rest of the week for you. I'm burning use or lose leave if that makes you feel any better <grin>.

Sometimes they’re a special kind of brilliant too though.
It really varies. I like to think I’ve been around the world of manual labor and the order of most brilliant people I’ve encountered are respectively doctors, laborers, engineers, and nurses.
The docs and engineers can be great and they can sometimes be catastrophic. Nurses and laborers are hit and miss, depending if they want to be good or want to do the bare minimum to not get fired.

... now that I read my own shit in print here, I’ll bet there’s docs and engineers that do bare minimum too. I just ain’t got the know-how to second guess them.

Back