How'd it go today?

Thanks for the tips. I'm not really a motor guy. I can muddle my way through repairs mostly successfully, but I'm very weak at troubleshooting. My thinking went straight to the worst case. I need to start at square 1, go through the free and cheap stuff before determining a rebuild's required.

In my opinion, the 026 is not a big wood saw. Stock, it is sporty in lower density woods up to around 12". I was completely underwhelmed by the performance of mine. Also make sure the spark screen in the muffler isn't plugged with carbon, or just toss it completely, though it can keep mud wasps out.

Muffler looked good. It's been modded, so though the screen's in place, it's kinda useless. It had some carbon buildup in the crevices at the edges, but was completely unobstructed. The port itself was pristine.

So far it’s great, Mr. Blair is a really good writer.
There’s a lot of stories and a little poetry and talk of the older days of logging and arboriculture. I was really expecting it to be more of a reference than an enjoyable read.
I’m sure there’s tons of reference and instructional material later in it.
i went to a talk by mr. blair. it was one of the best arb presentations i have ever been to.

Didn't do much today. Spotty rain. I only went in to leave the boss his gifts. Got to use my new hatchet repointing a bundle of stakes. Very nice. Though it weighs a bit much to use the way I wanted at work, it swings nice doing normal woodchopping stuff. If I'm paying attention, I can get a point with two chops. The edge is pretty much right on. Not quite shaving sharp, but very keen. Looking forward to using it in the woods.

Went and did a title transfer on Levi's truck. I tried the online crap and never heard back. Ya, dont call us, we'll call you bullshit. No line at the DMV on Christmas Eve morn. Then bucked some dry oak for an elderly custy that needed to stay warm. Homeless guy could not remember his PIN at the market trying to get a meal. So I stepped up and bought it for him. Cashiers relieved since there was a line. So maybe he'll stay warm today.
Me, im staying warm gathering wood for the house and burning shat. 20201224_150230.jpg

I'm so on top of things tonight.....got the oven & timer both set before I threw the box away!
😎

Last edited:
Probably for the best.

The Allied forces and the Germans stopped for Christmas Day.

If they can do it, surely Republicans vs Democrats, Trump’s vs Biden’s, Vaxxers vs Antivaxxers, Long vs Short bars, Firewood vs Loggers and Everyone else with a difference of opinion can do it.

We can all start back at it tomorrow LOL.

Foam.....

Anyway.
My yule log has burned down to the stump and the stump is involved now. Just kept creeping down the log. 20201225_110822.jpg 20201225_113254.jpg 20201225_113324.jpg Fact is, this is the tree I hit my first wire in whilst aloft with my 200T years ago. There was a telegraph wire hung from it back in the day to the general store over the hill. Finally, the wire is mine!
Should burn for a few more days.

Maybe some wire art.
But, I seriously feel the scrap yard shredder might be the best tasting dish.

That little Honda 90 will be still rideable. Indestructible those things.

There will be a family in Thailand riding it the week after, Mam, Dad, 3 kids, full basket of laundry and a Rooster.

Standard. 😂😂😂

First I've heard the word "lightard". If anyone else is wondering, I found this interesting thread on another forum...

Good read! This was in the midst of it...rules for burning off your property;

Rules of burning pasture or pines:
1. If you are absolutely sure it will burn, it won't.
2. If you are absolutely sure it won't burn, it will.
3. If you harrow a 10 ft break with a small sprig of dry grass
in the middle of the break, the fire will use that small sprig
to jump the break.
4. A fire can outrun a pickup truck if the wind gets in it
just right.
5. A fire can outrun a tractor, utility vehicle, or golf cart
without much trouble.
6. A fire will outrun a fat boy on foot every time.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Maybe some wire art.
But, I seriously feel the scrap yard shredder might be the best tasting dish.

That vid was awesome!

I guess "throwing a monkey wrench" into that machine is not an issue :lol:

But rock, paper, scissors-- What machine do they use to shred a shredder?? And what metal do they use to build/form the shredder teeth/gears??

09?

Now now, dont over think it. :lol:
Gary, as far as fat wood. A grey pine is about all fat wood stem to stern. Katy and the kids made a burn pile at the top of the log with some brush and there were still smaler logs from trying to burn it last year. I made two small fires up at the top out of that brush. No other fuels or accelerate at the main log. It just caught and kept going like a candle. Burned down to the stumps proximity and the radiant heat caught the rotten cat face. Wind came up and bam.

Back