How'd it go today?

From what i understand they optimize them with what they are shredding.... I'm more familiar with the tub grinders since my buddy has one. Those i know are a cast white iron faced ones, and they last about a day :lol:

That vid was awesome!

I guess "throwing a monkey wrench" into that machine is not an issue :lol:

But rock, paper, scissors-- What machine do they use to shred a shredder?? And what metal do they use to build/form the shredder teeth/gears??

09?
Now I wanna see two of them duke it out!

First I've heard the word "lightard". If anyone else is wondering, I found this interesting thread on another forum...

I'm also born and bred southern, and in my experience, we called it fat light.

I was born in SW Florida, went to high school in N Georgia, college in W North Carolina. Worked in Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina, and New Hampshire before decamping to Idaho and then Oregon. Been here since 1978.

Yeah, poor creepy. Sammiched my left nipple the other day stacking 4 pieces of wood cradled in one arm. At least it survived, but jeebus. Told the wifey I did my own mammagram.
Fire was a tad squelched by rain last night. But but I can assure you, with a lil breeze, she'll start up somewhere. Still smouldering in places. 20201226_121018.jpg 20201226_121028.jpg

Snow looks good. First snow here stuck around a surprisingly long time, but all went away with the warm rainstorm Thursday. Nice and chilly today, but back to fall temps tomorrow.

Is this historically unusual, or is it one of those places that gets less snow than you might expect?

Is this historically unusual, or is it one of those places that gets less snow than you might expect?
It can be all over the board really, but it's been quite a few years since we've had a big snow winter in southeast. It's a bit disturbing actually but at least we are getting some in the alpine which feeds the streams for salmon returns and our perched hydro-electric projects.

Big storm hitting South East of Norway. We had snow yesterday but a bit of a temp increase and it melted and snow became rain.

We drove to a cabin for a change of scenery. Once we started going up the hill the snow started to thicken.

Cabin is pretty cosy. Middle of nowhere with a river running by. Snows pretty heavy and dumping outside now. So should be a good couple of days boarding.

Didn’t get a pic of the cabin in daylight but here is a few of the inside.

94DFE32E-AFFB-4EA8-B87C-861C5BE85F95.jpeg 21FFE951-CFBB-415B-800F-9CA85A4C07F5.jpeg

We got the tail end of that, Rich.
Made me give up my wow of chaining myself to the wood splitter over the holidays.
I simply could not keep my hands warm, so I had to creep indoors.

Got a roaring fire in the stove, too, but since my wife is at work, nowhere near as cosy as yours look.

Back