How'd it go today?

Great pics, I'd love to visit

Some lovely places to visit and outdoorsie activities. Weather can be a bit hit and miss though. Hopefully it hold for us going up to the mountains tomorrow and the over to the Lofoten Islands to stay with some of Stines family. They are commercial fishermen and Whalers. Some interesting stories will be told, that is for sure. ;)

This is the approved pruning cut for bradford pear, no?

bradfordstump.jpg

The consukt went something like this. I know they are broken up pretty bad. Do you think you can prune them to where they might look and do better. Me: um, not really. I usually recommend a remove and replace.
Them: Well, we really want to keep them. See what you can do.
Me in my head, stage one removal.

My attack spider was guarding the toilet last night. I walk in, and think "FFS, what am I gonna do about this". Get a stick, and poke her, and she ran behind the toilet quick as shit. Good enough for now I guess...

No energy this week, and my back's hurting a bit again. It gets to be 6pm, and I'm ready for bed... I think it's the weather. Can't wait til fall...

.410 shotgun is perfect for recalcitrant spiders...that is, if you are too poor a standup man to just grab the beastie in a small piece of TP and flush it.

A whole lot less repair work afterwards with the latter method :D.

B, i was in the crawlspace of a building built in 1934, demoing out some pipe this week, and happened to look down to see at least a dozen wolf spiders (what I'm thinking), at least one of which was on me. I don't do bugs well, and spiders are the worse for me. If i had a 410 i would still be down there shooting :lol: The worst part is one of the damned apprentices keeps putting the Halloween plastic spiders in everything i own once he heard I'm not a fan.... payback is gonna glorious....

I prefer not killing them, but I don't particularly like them, and I'd flip out if she ran up my leg or something while I was in there. This one's pretty big anyway. The .410 would be a pretty good match. Piece of toiletpaper? Not a chance I'd get my hand that close, with a piece of paper that small :^D

Stephen, I'm not watching that. You guys also need to remember this place also has cockroaches the size of your thumb, and something eats them....

Edit: Stephen, i watched that, and I shouldn't have :lol: apparently i was in the good part, later this week/ next week I'll be working in there for days. I guess there's places down there that aren't nearly so nice, that the guys just keep calling the unhappy place. Poor sobs literally spent 35 days straight working down there, i think i would have drug up, and depending how it goes, i still might :lol:

Last edited:
I’ve been nursing a spider bite for the last week, she got me while I was cleaning out the flower bed. I’ve always given them a free pass but not anymore. Lived in the sticks all my life and never been bit. Soon as I’m feeling better gonna go all John Wayne on the bastards.
D310307B-04AD-4DEE-8D1D-579EB506DDC8.jpeg

That sucks! I've only had welts with a bit of dead skin from suspected spider bites. Not even sure a spider caused them.

Back