How'd it go today?

Messed my back tuesday, doing absolutely nothing. I felt a little "crack" in my lower back while in my bed. I thought that I 'm good for a ride. Right, just not the same side as usual. It wasn't a big trouble at first but that increased the past 2 days. Moving tons of wood is ok all year long, then cooling down in holidays, bam! Now I have to wait to do the carpentry work for my daughter.
I still have a day of stump grinding scheduled for monday. That sounds problematic.

Seems like it's always stupid shit I mess my back up with. Pulling on boots, carrying something not particularly heavy, turning wrong... It's almost never when I'm doing real work.

I'm not too worried about the spider. It's artificially created drama. I'm leaving her be cause she eats stuff I like less than her. I've got a size twelve combat boot that would handle her without an issue. Doesn't take away from the fact I find her creepy as hell, and would flip out if I woke up with her staring me in the face :^D

Nice walk up at an lake in the mountains. It drizzle a bit but the kids had fun. Water looked so inviting apart from the temp. Bloody cold and with snow still on the peaks it is Arctic melt. Still crystal clear though. Then to the house for Torstein s birthday meal of Thai Panang curry and Pad Krapaw moo. (Pork, chilli garlic and Holy basil).

C68EB39F-F884-4C86-9672-6B25AF8E0902.jpeg BB39F668-DF1D-4B5C-BD8D-06090CFC599F.jpeg 25D8D754-8CF7-43AB-B1F1-11AA28F38DE0.jpeg E9A42E87-19A8-4855-9DD6-34129742C084.jpeg 8B84112C-B53D-49DD-91B6-AD3EBAE83A13.jpeg B7C71055-93B6-4264-8984-26B9307F5976.jpeg

Well the weather turned nice about 2300 last night so I took a trip back to the same lake for a bit of solo camping. Very relaxing and just what the doctor ordered. Quite fancied staying for another day on my Todd but had to get back for family stuff..

4209C49C-546B-4C84-A94A-2F7D59236CBD.jpeg 97120222-FA9C-404E-9A97-2B42295E5060.jpeg

Earlier this week a tree limb fell down the street. It took out the 7200 volt power line which energized the cable line and started a fire in my neighbor's front yard. For some reason the breaker didn't kick and the line was energized for about 15 minutes with loud popping and smoke everywhere. It fried the cable wire feeding 4 houses and even after they replaced the outside wire, I still had no signal. They had to replace the cable inside my house completely.

While pulling my desk out to access the cable outlet, I knocked over my computer. Ended up breaking the hard drive. 2 days at Staples computer tech services and they only managed to save one file off my desktop. I lost everything including 15 years of financial records, all my saved websites, all my pictures including my business logos, everything.

That sucks Brian. Depending on the value you assign to the data, recovery may be possible, but not cheap. You'd want to use a company that specializes in data recovery. I don't know what it would cost, but hundreds $ would be a low end estimate, and go up from there.

For everyone else, it's a good time to review your backup plans. I'd consider three copies the minimum. One in use, one locally backed up, and one backed up offsite.

For offsite storage, BackBlaze has a good offer for little money. For real cheap, Mega gives 50gb for their free account. That should cover the essentials for people on a tight budget.

I use Mega for work. I sync files from the server to my workstation, and they get synced to Mega. That way I can access files in the field via my phone.

The mail order bride has been talking about taking up the longbow for the last few years, but never actually gotten around to it.
So I asked one of my guys, who is an avid bowhunter, about where to go for some advice on what to purchase.
He recommended a shop run by the trainer for the national bow shooting team.
I set up an appointment with the bow shop for yesterday, and used it as a surprise birthday present.
Excellent service, the guy spent 1½ hour getting her set up with the right gear and teaching her on the range.

She was shooting down in the hayfield today when I came out to call her in for dinner.
Nice tight groups at 35 feet and she even had one in the 10 ring.'

I might have created a monster.

Stig, I started shooting a longbow when I was around 4 years old. You have definitely created a monster. One of the most satisfying things to witness, is a beautiful arrow finding its mark.

Last edited:
Better than one striking out for the horizon, for sure.
I wanted to try the bow, but with 3 dead fingers, one of which has been cut to shit, I decided to shoot left handed.
We eventually found the arrow and the mail order bride had a good laugh.

I was tempted to go get the .357 and kill her target, but I guess one has to grow up, eventually.

I'm sooo stoked that it is working out for her.

I think my involvement in the bobcat's over. Boss said he was gonna get a mechanic to look at it. I think that's a stellar idea. It hasn't been well cared for, and could use some professional attention. Y'all should have seen the oil I drained out of it. Thick and black.

I just made an emergency order of snus. A brand I like looks like it may no longer be made. I'm hoping the shop I ordered from has stock on hand. I bought three rolls(30 cans altogether). Loose snus varieties are getting cut left and right, and that's what I really like. Portions are kinda meh. More tobacco for the freezer... Between snus and nasal snuff, I literally have a lifetime supply, but it isn't all necessarily my first choice.
Tried my first hit of nasal snuff today, ordered 3 different kinds to help me out at work since they’re smoke free now, and get pretty edgy trying 12 and 16 hour shifts.
I think this minty German stuff called Alpina is my favorite so far for sensation and taste. White Elephant from India is probably the most stimulating I got... extremely stimulating which might be very handy on swing shift. Kinda painful for about 1 second too.
From what I’ve gathered so far, aside from being addictive, this stuff has almost none of the health concerns that come with smoking or chewing.
Interesting anyways, and very uncommon in the US.

Checkout Bernard snuffs(German). They tend to be mentholated, but not all are. I like their whole portfolio, but these are probably my favorites...

Zweifacher - Mentholated, with the fruitiness of Brasil, but a bit lighter than full Brasil

Doppelt Fermentiert - Unmentholated. Fairly heavy, with the rich scent of dried fruits. Good winter snuff.

Amostrinha(NLA?) - Mentholated, light smoke, light fruit, and camphor

Weiß Blau - Mentholated, fairly simple, but refreshing. Good for summer.

Back