How'd it go today?

D^:

That's not woodcutting weather! All the best for Katy. Hope they figure out it's nothing important.
I hope so too. This has been going on for a few years and has been taking forever to get referrals and tests. Then Covid hit. Full stop.
Got my prune done by 1pm. Went home and she was clutching her chest needing the er. Maybe this visit will trigger an MRI referral or whatever scan we need to see what might be damaged in muscle or soft tissue or?
Dad is on the mend.. Just waiting to break him out of jail (basically a nursing home) and reunite him with mom and such. Been a real fiasco. Had to get a social worker involved to get this far. Crazy.
Thanks guys.

Man, it doesn't rain but it pours! Hope things go well for your dad and you can get Katy fixed up, Stephen.

Its refractory cement, high aluminum content I guess. Used in industrial boilers and such. Googled ferrocement, and yeah I guess it is, stainless steel needles mixed into the high heat cement

We got home about 1am. Dr just gave her some anti inflamitories and a couple pain killers. Make some more appointments and see what can be done about her supposed pleurisy.
Got back up this morning, she was doing ok and i had a two day job up the street with a lift. Kids were with her and i could be there in a minute of a phone call or message.
Drove a hour, picked up the lift and came back. 6 hours pruning and home i went. Right back out the door to pick up ny asthma medicine an hour away. Made some fetticini alfredo with some left over grilled chicken breast. And a pesto chicken for her.
Perfect job for today and tomorrow. Close to home, lift in the shade, with a breeze next to a lake. Triple digit heat, this is perfect.
Ready for a shower and sleep. Been a long week, and its just started........
Ill pass along the well wishing ya all. Thanks.

We have the usual mid summer dead period, work wise, so when I got a call today about logging some XXL size ash trees down at Nordfeld castle on Møn, where we have logged a few times before, I jumped right on it.
We start next week.
Unfortunately, I had forgotten about people being on vacation, so it'll only be me and the apprentice.
He is hopping up and down with joy about getting in on that, I'm not quite so joyfull.

I haven't used a saw for 3 months since my staircase stunt.
Starting out with 10 hour days in big Ash is probably not what the doctor would recommend.

Well, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, they say.

I'll be one quiet old logger by the end of next week I think.

Day wasn't bad. The beginning kinda sucked. I was asbuilting creeks with the boss. The temperature in the shade was pleasant by MD July standards though. We broke for lunch, and I got a couple beers and a burger, boss paid. He then said he had stuff to do, so I'm home now.

I'm hoping that with the MD treasury tanked by covid, I won't have any more of these stream restoration jobs. The stream restoration itself isn't the worst use of money, but the asbuilts afterward are 100% worthless. I hate the work, and I'd probably quit over it if I had too many to do. I don't want the money(which came out of my pocket in the first place), and no one else should pay for it either. If I were more motivated, I'd ferret out the corrupt pieces of shit that advocated for asbuilts, and expose them to the press.

Why plan to jump into 10 hour days!?!?
Easy, feller!

When we stay out on jobs, we do 4 days of 10 hours, then take a 3 day weekend.
Otherwise nobody has a life besides working.
Can't really ask your employees to put up with that.
Logging camp is not all that fun, you know.

Looks like my saw shop is no longer available. I use their Stihl page to review saw models, and it just goes to Stihl's landing page now :^(

I really liked them. Amish owned, and good prices. I don't know where I'll go now. My old dealer sucked. List price for everything, and they weren't a real saw shop. Le sigh...

Back