How'd it go today?

Nice that you all had space. I'm sure it never gets horrible, but I'd rather be hot than get in one of those inner city pools. They pack in there like sardines D^:

Got the pin oak trimmed today. 85° out, and not too much humidity, so I figured it was as good as it would get. Got my throwline toss first try. Didn't hit the crotch I wanted, but the one I got was pretty good, and I easily manipulated the line to get it through the branches. It almost looked like I knew what I was doing! Then came the climbing part... I bet you could train a turtle to climb faster than me :^D

It was too hot to play around, so I just got the wood I intended on getting, and didn't climb all over the place. Only had one semi mishap. The branch over the roof I cut slowly with my silky so it would rest on the roof, and then cut it through. My intention was to pull it off the roof, but it was too heavy for me to manipulate. I just dropped it, and it chipped a little shingle overhang on the edge. Not a big deal, but not a flawless execution either. I probably should have hauled it with a rope.

After getting the wood on the ground cut up, I put my saddle back on, and tried my beeline cord. It worked pretty well for me. I didn't trust it cause it didn't seem to grab as fast as my usual cord, but no issues in normal use. I'll try climbing with it next time. Overall, it was a fairly productive day, at least on my not so productive terms.

Sean, that boat looks store bought!! Nice work!

Lol Jim, as if there's an inner city in MT :lol:

That looks great! Bet it looks good in winter. That far bank looks like a good spot to camp.

Took a short walk with the kids in the woods while the rest of the adults argue about what they want to do next trip ( Labor Day ). It’ll be like every other time. They make plans and 4 days prior they all forgot and hurry up and decide a menu. I did hear mention of bringing a blender to make margarita’s. I might keep reminding them on that. It’s been a good weekend.

Yep...one of Alex's FF's was exposed on a Saturday.....he found out on Tuesday he was exposed Saturday. Took til Friday to be able to get the test (3 days!)...took til Monday to get results (FF was negatvie at that time). Trump said we would have all the tests we needed...BS.

Hope Dalia is OK.

She is good, either way.
Asthma in my GF's 12 y.o.'s life is concerning, so we ducked out. Her 8y.o. has been badly sick before, too.
My whole life, I've been pretty healthy, knock wood.

Idk how long it takes for antibodies to show on tests, after exposure. Could be tested last night, if we rushed. Her fever has dropped and stabilized by the time she came to my house, TH noon.

Was hoping to find a drive thru test, but no luck.

On holiday, needing the break. We drove 1300 odd KM up to the off of Norway to see family. Kids were already up there, so me and the missus chilled, drove and saw some sights on the way up.

Arrived yesterday and went up into on of the tops to see the midnight sun over Lofoten. Found an abandoned hotel and had a look in. Some people being used to party in there.

584AB86F-7909-4521-824F-6018802CAD8A.jpeg AD4B472A-5CA1-450F-9639-22B9F9BD645A.jpeg FB13AB1B-F3EA-4E0C-898B-44F1384CB0AA.jpeg 0F8FB208-BC02-4474-A2DD-AF0036F36BA4.jpeg D69A66AE-693F-4763-ABE1-0656307C5D9A.jpeg 390A8E17-145C-47CF-BDFE-2AE288FF040A.jpeg EC8704CE-CC82-4CA9-A075-59A5F6C3DB81.jpeg 2096D019-43E7-4503-803E-478BAD23115D.jpeg 6A3C193D-1C96-47F8-9D92-DE488C357898.jpeg 3CEB7FDB-8A00-4E0E-BF78-DAB82350860A.jpeg

Back