How'd it go today?

He said big removals. Ones that take 3/4 of a day to get the limb wood off of!!

Haven't had one of those since December, maybe I need to slow down. I did some yard work and landscaping around my yard,killed a water moccasin that found his way into the yard.Back to deforesting central Florida tomorrow,winter springs to be exact.

I flopped two small dead oaks at an office building, spent a few hours chasing hangers at a condo property, then killed a 36" laurel oak over a house this afternoon. I got home at 5:30, two and a half hours late. ;) :P

Hey Brian,dan gave me the wrong number,would it be feasible for me to meet you at the advance I saw you at sunday and drop the 372 off?If so what time?

Cool, I appreciate the help,I'll probably shoot over there around 12 .30 or so,I'll be in a white s-10 blazer.

Dang,if delivery is that fast,I'm gonna have my brother just stick me in a crate the next time I wanna travel.

Dang fast Ger. I was surprised myself. Katy is a glow looking forward to trying it out. I figure she'll play with it out back to figure it out prior to a road trip up to Yosemite or something. We have a year round pass so I am sure she will be getting out with it soon as school slows down a bit for her. She'll usually go up to see the dog wood and wild flowers bloom.

after hail this morning the sun showed up inthe afternoon, I took a couple photos out back when I got home. Spring is trying, thats for sure, none too soon for me. :D

Attachments

• P4060636 (Large).jpg
    P4060636 (Large).jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2
  • P4060640 (Large).jpg
    P4060640 (Large).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 2
  • P4060639 (Large).jpg
    P4060639 (Large).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2
  • P4060645 (Large).jpg
    P4060645 (Large).jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 2
  • P4060647 (Large).jpg
    P4060647 (Large).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2
Bill, I am a ground floor condo dweller, my space is about 35 feet long along the building and about 15 feet out from it including our patio area. Technically anything outside the door is common ground but there are hedges and such that most residents take care of within, the lawns etc are outside of the hedges and the landscrapers take care of that. Here is a few pics from last summer to give you a better idea.

Attachments

• P6169068.jpg
    P6169068.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 3
  • P6169069.jpg
    P6169069.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 3
  • P6169070.jpg
    P6169070.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 3
  • P6176176.jpg
    P6176176.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 3
  • P7239491 (Large).jpg
    P7239491 (Large).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 3
lol! I know, right? if its in a pot, the strata cant touch it! I did learn a bit alst year, I realised a few things wont do well in the yard and arent worth the effort, celery for one. hard to keep it watered enough and it was bitter as heck. More spuds this year too, 12 pots instead of 8. How is your garden shaping up Willie?

Haven't done much. Some of the rasberries are leafing out, some not. Some of the larger blue berries are fixing to flower, some not. Dumped a load of oak chips at the yard, going to let them mulch up a few weeks and top dress the blue berries. Still not dialed in on the center sections yet.

Cool. Do you find oak chips allelopathic at all? We dont use western red cedar mulch much up here for that reason. If anything we use hemlock with fir blend aka hem-fir.

Not really, I have a nice little list around here somewhere that breaks down several plants that seem to have allelopathic tendancies towards certain other species

Got my guy out grinding stumps all day today. Oh man I'm loving no more stumps for me. Although I'm going to be tied to this damn computer all day catching up books. Boring.

Back