How'd it go today?

Finished a roof today, and a porch. Holy exhausting, damn.

Cleaned up the green house mess a little bit, luckily insurance will cover it.

Now relaxing, Ashly's at my house scraping tar adhesive off the hardwood floors. :lol:

Just did a little prune job today done in 2 hours,now I'm just kicking back and relaxing.

I stepped out on my front porch a while ago to put away my bike and heard an awful commotion on the roof, then a skwerl jumped over my head into the tree in my front yard and was all bothered and upset. I thought I had startled him, but then a huge red shouldered hawk came down after him about 6' away from me. As soon as the hawk saw me he took off but the poor skwerl was rather upset. He was making the typical chattering sound but really low volume.

Had a good hour and a half on the bike today. I'm no longer getting winded on the uphills, I can just pump through them and I'm finding myself shifting to higher gears more often. I wish I had started doing this 5 years ago.

I try to stick to the residential areas and there's a couple short bike paths (1-2 miles each). I'm chicken with traffic though, on the busy streets I stay on the sidewalk and always give cars the right of way just as if I were a pedestrian.

I'm itching for a road bike, I fantasize about doing a bike ride before work in the morning. Really wakes you up and makes you feel good afterward. Your body just feels better.

I've got a bridal trail within about a mile of my new house, matter of fact I used to drive there three or four times a week one summer I was a bit depressed and did the 7 mile ride. It's a nice ride through woods, small swamp area, and a large lake.

Took chem test first thing this morning. Feel pretty good about it.

This after noon I got the results from the calc test I took last week and not too happy with that; only stuff I got right was what I went through with my Tutor. Wish we met more than one hour/week (she's a cutie too). Not sure I have time in 15 weeks to learn enough about calc to pass but I can only give it my best effort and let the chips fall I guess.....

Cut more trails for the hippy dude so he can run around nekked in the woods... I should say I more cleaned up after Asplundh more than anything today. They bombed out a pretty good sized gray pine on the dudes property and then told him they would be back to chip it all up when he asked them about the mess. Over a year later and all the shat is still there. Big nuggets on top of brush. Hangers in surrounding brush and trees. Pretty much fed my neighbor bull shat. I guess maybe I will go talk to my buddy at PG&E that oversees this crap. :/: I wish I had a camera with me today.. People doing a lousy job and lying to a client pisses me off:X
Still feel like shite so I am going to do some paperwork and put my arse back in bed so I migh have something left for tomorrows work :|:

Now relaxing, Ashly's at my house scraping tar adhesive off the hardwood floors. :lol:

Is that what generation x is calling it?

As soon as I get enough coffee I'll delve into my starter problems on my old tractor .I know damned well it'll snow some more and it's kind of nice to have the old thing running .

Starter motor armatures are series wound and it's kind of difficult without a "growler " to determine which winding is malfunctioning .If just one solder termination on the commutator is open they will not work .

No big deal just some of the problems you run into keeping 50 and 60 year old equipment operational .

Had a good hour and a half on the bike today. I'm no longer getting winded on the uphills, I can just pump through them and I'm finding myself shifting to higher gears more often. I wish I had started doing this 5 years ago.

Damn straight - ain't it sweet? And it only gets better from here.

What chemistry was it, Dave? The level...

Did ya replace the roof on your house that was leaking? Roofing sucks bad enough in nice weather. Nasty weather adds to the sucking.

They are only sand bars though not quite what most would consider hills. In my Motorcycle forum florida is called flatistan. None the less good on you for getting out Brian!

Back