How'd it go today?

The credit report was through experian, www.freecreditreport.com is just the scam's front. The FICO score from www.myfico.com matches my score from the credit union, but myfico only does TransUnion and Equifax, which is no big deal. Too bad I had the loan officer check it today, as paying off that credit card yesterday (not yet reported) should(based on myfico's simulator) bump my credit rating with the credit union from B to A which would cut my interest in half and only be a point away from their AA (highest) rating.

Sure is fun learning stuff, provided it's correct. Provided my plans for the next 6 months pan out, I should be in that ellusive AA rating before I turn 25. :rockon:

Thanks :) It just requires sellin some stuff I'm not using and paying off some naggin debt.

Of course the whole purpose of this is so I can buy more stuff, and the whole reason my score is this "low" is because of my lack of planning a couple years ago. :lol:

When I first began climbing out of debt and trying to improve my credit, I made several mistakes which cost me. One was canceling old cards after paying them off. Never cancel a card if you don't have to. A couple big factors in your score is the average age of your accounts as well as your percentage of used versus available credit.

I could have shown you my worthless Experian credit report from two years ago if you had asked. ;) It still didn't help me determine my FICO score, which is the only number that matters.

Yeah, my history gets me, but there's not much I can do about that, given my age. There have only been 5 years since I started getting credit, while the average person scored by FICO has 19 years of history.

Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax are reporting bureaus. In and of themselves they are just packets of information. FICO is one of ~500 scoring methods, which can be applied to all three bureuas. However, Experian no longer allows consumers to buy their FICO score, only the lenders can purchase that information.

Different lending instutions also use different bureaus. The credit union uses Equifax while my bank currently uses TransUnion. A different finance company here that I have used before does Experian. My credit cards are spread over all three, most report to at least 2 bureaus, but a few only report to their respective bureau. My mini skid (through my bank) doesn't show up on my credit report at all.

A little information is a dangerous thing. Saying your FICO score is all that matters isn't accurate or at least incomplete. My Experian and Equifax reports both show 56% more credit card debt than my TransUnion report. Depending on the other factors like history length and credit limits, that would make my TransUnion FICO score vastly different than my Experian and Equifax FICO scores.

Thanks for the refresher course on how credit scores work. I've only been tracking mine for 20 years. ;)
I was trying to give you good information without going into excruciating detail, I wasn't expressing the entirety of my knowledge on the matter.

Hey Andy have you ever been to see an Osteopath?

No, but may before much longer!
Saw the new back cracker today, took them three tries to hopefully get decent x-rays, I go back tomorrow and see if they can do anything.
He looks like he's half afraid to do anything right now, kinda what I figured.

Haven't you heard, I'm a details kinda person. :P

Had you said what I said in that post when I was down there, it would have made much more sense. More than just you read this forum so I figure the dissemination of knowledge is a good thing.

One member has already told me they are dropping their FCR account after learning what I found out today, which gives me great confidence in my excruciating details. :lol:

Lift broke this morning, boss took it to Boston. Damn electrical mess, although I've never really heard any one else having this much problems. Could be a lemon, who knows. Finished the job climbing, and a bit of stunt felling because I didn't want to climb!

Worked out well.

Came home, got these pictures I've been waiting for of this tractor. I used to have a half dozen of this kind maybe 4-5 years ago. Loved them. Came across an ad on an old forum for an original in MINT condition from 1965. These pictures he sent are amazing. I'll be taking a trip to NJ hopefully this weekend to pick it up. I'm stoked.

1965 Simplicity Landlord 101.

Took down a few pines today above a ridiculously expensive house. 2.5 years under construction and it's just starting to get the finishing touches. Rigged everything down to where a 30ton hoe could reach and then used it as a crane. That was fun. Right when I'd limbed out the first pine and was setting the rigging for the top the contractor and owner are watching so I yell out, "I've read about doing it this way and I've been dying to try it out". Then let the top fly right towards the house (tied off). I crack myself up sometimes. Blocking down the wood to wear the hoe could reach though did have me starting to think about cycles to failure on my rigging line. Woulda/coulda been a expensive failure.

Today has closed on a good note. Next three days of work got bigger so I can bring in a third worker on two jobs. I get to climb and do mistletoe on a blue oak while the boys do some brushing on a hill side :D
I called a customer that made a booking months ago that was diagnosed with cancer in his tongue. They were going to remove part of his tongue, but he wanted a black oak he liked pruned anyway. He loves his trees and figured if he was going to be miserable or dying, he could at least have something he loves to look at prettied up. Turns out he went to Stanford for another opinion. They redid a bunch of tests and some more on top of that. Head of the department and a panel of doctors gave him a clean bill of health, no cancer, he gets to keep his tongue.
So that job got bigger and he will probably be having us do some more trees within the next year :D
My stomach flu seems better and Katy seems to be feeling better after her visit to the clinic today and some more meds.
So that makes a line up of 5 days of tree work over the course of two weeks :D Happy happy :)

Bubba is sick now, 101 fever, no school for him tomorrow! I'm not sure if the flu vaccination is really worth it! He got his Friday, been peaked all weekend, then down today. I dunno.

Ohh I assure you ! He was not happy with the ones that made the original diagnosis. He is however (as I would be also) quite relieved by the current findings :)
Why one should ALWAYS get a second opinion on surgery and treatment alternatives (which being prudent, he did ;) ).

Pretty good day in the end. Sold a personal job to a longterm commercial customer. Wanted to ask the neighbor for permission to limb the fence line trees, and they wanted work done, too. Some buried trees that need excavation, but not by me. I suggested air spade service. We are going to canopy raise some doug-firs, and I happened to see a willow that leaned heavily toward the neighbors' house. Then saw it had some good sized pruning wounds, then looked closer and saw the conks. Removal, in the nick of time. Some bad decay in the butt. Good sized Doug-firs to anchor climbing lines and rigging line in.

oh, oh, ya, and I didn't get crushed between my truck and an old lady's minivan when she was backing up. I had my back to her in the parking lot while working at the tailgate and she was backing up and didn't see me, or my truck. Senior's community. Got within 4" of the tailgate and 12" of me. Banged on her back window getting her to go from slowly creeping, to stopping just in time.

My bud was working in W Palm Beach between 2 trucks switching a load from one to the other. A drunk hit one of the trucks and took my buds knee out. Nothing 13 operations couldn't cure. He ended up with cadaver parts. Good settlement to.

Switched days at the PT job, as the Teupen took a ride back to Boston to get fixed AGAIN.

Did a small job for my neighbor, some shrub pruning. Easy peasy. Even had the Thomas out there dragging the trimmings for me.

Headed out to go riding in a bit, then figure out what's going on for tomorrow.

Let me get this straight, you used a mini skid to handle your shrub trimmings?

:lol::rockon:

I'm working on my mini today. The list includes getting rid of the cluster fawk of plumbing that it came with from the factory, replacing the factory POSish hydro filler cap, hydro oil change, fixing the bent grapple, changing it out to a canister/spin on style hydro filter, new fuel filter and fuel line, engine oil change, new air filter, and a new pump. With the better filtration I'll be getting, this pump should out last this engine.

I probably took 20lbs of plumbing components off of it as well. The unneeded second hydro circuit, the safety interlock bs, and the "hi/lo" selector valve which just switched the outputs of the pump. Looks like a new machine now internally.

Played with Docs this afternoon, I like the new back cracker, I walked out feeling better than I did going in! I'm not used to that! My hip is way out of wack, the left side is up 7mm (.280") explaining my limp, and possibly my knee problem. The joint between T11 and T12 may very well even fix the problem with the muscles I'm having. It was short.
I feel a thousands times better than I did when I went in!
Then I had to go see my normal Doc., he was freaking about the amount of Lortabs I've taken. "Well, we just gave you 40 18 days ago!" "Yeah, and I can take two every four to six hours! There are days I'm not taking any, do the math! Then I'm not taking the Oxycodone on top of it!"
He shut up and wrote it out. Stupid logistics!

Using the mini to pick up hedge clipings, I'm impressed!

Back