How'd it go today?

Freakin cottonwood. Good job Paul. I took down a couple of english walnut grafted to black walnut root trees today. I'm going to try and market the trunks. I lined a backhoe guy to come and dig them out and I consulted with a wood guy.

No Brian, these were east down my street about a half a mile. The ones across the street are still waiting for me.

Bought this today, Was in a building that caught fire. Very little damage to truck itself.

Attachments

• 101_2155.jpg
    101_2155.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 101_2161.jpg
    101_2161.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 5
Today was good. Started out with me getting a physical at the doctors. Got three shots, and my normal physical and I was out of there.

So we ended up starting at 10 because of that. Started with a quick pine TD and some pruning. Finally got to get back in the tree after about of week of not climbing at all. After lunch it was onto the next job. 3 trees to climb. A honey locust, birch tree, and a maple I think. I did the birch. Just some roof clearance and thinning it out. After that we called it a day. Came home around 4.

Good deal, Andrew. What kind of body is that, some sort of grain handler or sand?

I was having a good day today until I decided to move a log laying behind my truck so I could get my truck out. I picked up one end while another guy picked up the other end and I felt my back go out. I think I'll be alright but it hurts like Hell this afternoon. I just got home from my chiropractor and he helped me out a little. Gonna eat some more vitamin I and rest it this evening.

Stayed in the saddle from 8am to 2pm today trimming a couple big beech on the inside corner of the lines. pulled alot of overhang and had to redirect 3 times. Finished day piecing out/removing 5 pines. good day but really tired.

Oh, I have a bunch of tiny little pills that can eliminate all the pain very well for a full day or more. Unfortunately they also knock me unconscious for almost a whole day. :|:

I'll stick with vitamin I and maintain consciousness.

There has always been a big debate of how much firewood you can stuff on a pick up truck .I've said I can pile on a cord .

Well I missed it by half a face so this one is 5/6 cord .

Attachments

• Oak firewood 002.jpg
    Oak firewood 002.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Oak firewood 004.jpg
    Oak firewood 004.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Oak firewood 003.jpg
    Oak firewood 003.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 43
Nicely stacked Al. I helped a friend cut down a 26" dead fir up in the woods today for firewood. Which, of course, won't hold a candle to the hardwoods you're burning.

Started the new client today thinning out a Manzanita stand amongst some Canyon Oaks... Beautiful and we got to work in the shade... She also decided to just chip the material instead of staging for burn.. So the chipper is going to make some money over the next couple days :) A customer of mine that referred her to us pre payed months ago for $200.00 towards the new clients bill.... I guess one hubby helped the other hubby with some PT and did him a lot of good. So they are just saying TY. But I am not supposed to tell where the money came from... This should be fun when I invoice in two days :D Plus I have had that money sitting in a separate account for months trying to keep my paws off it.. LOL

We took out 21 queen anne palms today. None of them very big. I also did 3 bids just got in a little before 7:00.

Back