How'd it go today?

Got called out by my boss for a mistake and asked how much I got done in front of everyone this morning. Not too inspired today but kicked ass anyway finished my section of line. don't seeing it do me much good. just kind of down today. going to talk to someone about getting me back in a climbing crew and out of a lift truck. Still cringe in my seat every time I have to go under a bridge in the thing.

No moving cord wood today . I repaired the gas grill . New stainless steel burner ,striker and ceramic bricks ,40 bucks . Better than spending 200 for a new one .

Other news I might have the 40 foot Newmar motor home sold including the 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado . Damned good deal at 52 grand .:)

1994 Kountry Star .44,000 thousand miles. Never smoked in . Spartan mountain master chassis ,300 Hp Cummins 8.2 liter ,turbo inter cooled ,6 speed Alison .

It belongs to my mother after my dad passed on . That thing will pull Jelico pass on I -75 at over 85 miles per hour with pedal to spare .:|:

I'm whooped today also. It was about a hundred and I started at 6:30 this morning and just got home about 7:00. A pine removal in the back yard and a bunch of other trimming. It was already feeling cooler on the way home.
I apologize if this has already been covered but are you doing line clearance Fiddler?

Oh yeah I all most forgot... Got a call yesterday about the Echo weed eater situation we are having... I just ended up with a brand new demo 280t to try and kill over the remainder of the summer:lol:
Four engines under warranty later they are listening about the dirt ingestion. Well three were anyway (signs on the fourth) as the 4th one was a factory defect on the New engine :|:
So anyway, since they figured out they had a filtration problem.. We get to test the new filters. :D
I have to say though... They are really sticking to their warranty in our favor and working on correcting things.... Last time I made a suggestion and a stink, the choke got changed on a few carbs.. Doubt it was only me, but the rep listens :) We put so many hours on these things in a season they usually show their weak spots in a few weeks ;)

Whew, the five day turn around is done. Truck is being picked up in the AM.

Attachments

• 101_2150.jpg
    101_2150.jpg
    822 KB · Views: 6
  • 101_2154.jpg
    101_2154.jpg
    809.9 KB · Views: 6
Today I really didn't do anything of substance. Went to my neighbors for two hours and pruned some shrubs, god bless the Ipod. Went and looked at a job after that, would be a nice notch, drop, chip day. Planning a ped ride tonight, ha.

City arb called this am and asked if we were free tomorow. All day raising driplines and pulling shrubs back outta the street. Bridge is being closed tomorow and traffic will be diverted onto what was a dead end street. Might turn into prevailing wage:rockhard:

I'm whooped today also. It was about a hundred and I started at 6:30 this morning and just got home about 7:00. A pine removal in the back yard and a bunch of other trimming. It was already feeling cooler on the way home.
I apologize if this has already been covered but are you doing line clearance Fiddler?

Yes. Knocked out 35 Boxelder today on creek bank. Around 180 there all together. Just opened up space today. More than half need to be climbed and topped/roped out from above or on the wrong side of the creek. Mud, hills, water trees in the lines, I love a good challenge.

I fished, I drank, and goofed off severely.

Still, I did manage to replace the Hi-Lo range switch on the bucket truck,

"The worst day of fishing, still beats the best day at work!"

That was always a good motto, until my wife decided she needed a baitcasting combo! It's on the bottom of a lake somewhere, life is better without it!

Maybe some good karma was with you regarding the snake Tucker.
We took out a italian cypress tree and then drove 32 miles and took out a dead cedar tree. 106 today too. Go Willie!

Did a fence line clearance and limb up today.. Also some pruning on some elderberry. Lady was happy... It was hot... 102 :P Found some mistletoe on her place and she scheduled a removal day in Sept. :D Have to do some work on the swamp cooler... Paperwork is about done.. Pretty good day considering :)

Back