How'd it go today?

Anytime now. They will go to restricted burns with permit May 1st. We are only burning in very open clear areas with no grass right now even though there is no restriction. Been stringing hoses also with these winds.

Pranted thlee prums and a euonymus. Ground a stump. Sheared a juniper. Bid four jobs made two trips to the nursery and three to the bank(Don't ask). It was 82* today. I be tarred.

Rained here today. Dad worked half a day, then went and got new tires on Mom's Element.

Also finished the whip lock and one of the new tails I'm making for Dad and the new climber. Looks like I'll finally start getting paid some money for my splicing!!:D

I killed two big red oaks, gotta couple mediocre pics.

Look ma, no gut! :rockon:

Attachments

• red oak 002 (Large).jpg
    red oak 002 (Large).jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 13
  • red oak 004 (Large).jpg
    red oak 004 (Large).jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 17
I think that's the first time I've seen any pictures of you rockin' the new gear. How you liking your new set up?

I took down a white oak in a back yard. Stumps took a long time, had to take the fence apart and put it back together. Got a pickup load of firewood.
Can you really tell the difference climbing Butch? I haven't seen 185 lbs. since 1971.

Today was a pretty good day by almost every measure I can think of. We made money, we had fun and we didn't work too hard. My guys don't like loading the log dolly into my truck and so chose not to take it this morning after I suggested we might want to have it. When we got to our second job, two boxelder trees to remove, it was obvious that they had made a mistake. One of my guys asked "Does Chris like boxelder wood?" Chris is our, strong as an ox firewood and stump grinding guy whose arrival on our job sites elevates the spirits of my guys. I gave Chris a call to see what he was up to only to find that he too was taking down a boxelder tree and only a few miles from us. Chris is a very reluctant climber and offer a swap of labor. He hauled all the wood from my two trees, dragged brush to the chipper and came back later and ground my stumps. In exchange I went and climbed his boxelder tree and simply put it on the ground and left. He was overjoyed at not having to climb and I was pretty happy too.

Oh and my guys got to beat the daylights out of a playhouse and pull it out of a tree. That brought joy to the destructive side of their natures.

Tomorrow I am fulfilling the obligation of another tree service to remove a dead elm. It is a prized customer and their climber is out of town. They bid higher than I do and I would have done the tree for much less than we are going to get payed for it tomorrow. Yea!

It was fun climbing with four guys hauling wood and brush away on the ground. We're going to have to swap work more often.

YES!!!!

I think that's the first time I've seen any pictures of you rockin' the new gear. How you liking your new set up?

What? My Versatile saddle? It's OK, especially for crane rides. I think I prefer a leg strap saddle for trimming.

No shat! You're looking a bit emaciated.

Actually, I'm spring steel solid muscle. No shit, just like my avatar. I wear long sleeves so I don't scare people. :lol:

No kidding, Butch. I can really see it in your face.

That's probably because I turned my beard into a goatee. ;)

Today was not too bad of a day... battled with an ATM, talked to some more people in mass, came home, and started doing some design work for a vault-type door I'm making for my gun closet/ fire safe.

Attachments

• vault door.JPG
    vault door.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 17
Finished the garage pad clearing job and fire safe clear for the same today. Came out nice and inspired the HO :D It should pass inspection NP for final on the fire clearance. Got paid. Picked up the new saw and played with it all day :D Actually I picked it up firat thing this AM ..Brought home two loads of oak and moved the trailer to the next job up the street. Looks like two days of road clearance with the chipper. It's an access road on a 60 something parcel at that homestead with the really old fruit trees. I will also talk to him again about having Steve and his bucket trim out the Pear and Mulberry trees :)

Cleaned the Jeep today after school. Vacuumed it out, washed the windows, and checked the fluid. Still need to get some oil for it, along with some engine coolant.

Also checked with John over and Knot & Rope Supply about a 600' Reel of Hi-Vee. By some magical reason, I came upon 3 splicing jobs. A 120' climbline for us, a 150' climbline for a past climber, and another 120' climbline for a friend who is just getting into climbing. Should be a fun job!

Back