How'd it go today?

WTG RD... That will help pay for some rope :)

We got a bit of rain today and only got 5.25 hours on the job. HO wanted an oak trimmed up off the road and I proceeded to do so. This friggen thing was so overgrown you could not even get under it with out slicing and dicing. Everything in it was growing straight down and twisted. 6 inch limbs running the ground. I got it all up, chipped some buck brush (not much) and a couple of baby pines. 4.5 yards of chips of which 95 + percent came out of that oak...:O HO also made me save the branches to about 1 1/2 for fire wood... Friggen lot of brush for not much of a tree.
Rain started making chipping miserable so we quit for the day and unloaded the chips for Katy's future herb garden. Have a bunch of buck brush and a Canyon Oak to do tomorrow for the same guy... And a bunch more baby ponderosa. :)

Outstanding Butch! :beerchug:

Well this morning we checked barn owl boxes. Skunked, nothing.
Picture of a dawn redwood in the community gardens.

Yesterday we deadwooded and did endweight redx on this monterey cypress.
Then we finished setting a cable in the same cypress this afternoon.
In the fourth picture you can see the developing crack in the spar closer to me.
It was great to leave an old tree like that wild rustic and un trimmed on the back side.

Attachments

• IMG_0548.JPG
    IMG_0548.JPG
    303.8 KB · Views: 8
  • P. Chapel Cypress.JPG
    P. Chapel Cypress.JPG
    501.6 KB · Views: 7
  • P. Chapel Cypress (2).JPG
    P. Chapel Cypress (2).JPG
    386.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    455.4 KB · Views: 8
  • P. Chapel Cypress (3).JPG
    P. Chapel Cypress (3).JPG
    459.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    416.6 KB · Views: 7
Cool Deva. I almost miss doing those. The military seems to have built all their chapels the same.

Attachments

• DSC04626a.JPG
    DSC04626a.JPG
    713.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC04632.JPG
    DSC04632.JPG
    319 KB · Views: 7
Here's a pic of the willow I pruned today. Pretty nice weeper for around here. Pulled all the tricks outta the bag to get er done up nice.8)

Sure was nice to work on a tree instead of just chipping them.

Attachments

• Picture 057.jpg
    Picture 057.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 46
Went to work, as per usual, and spent the evening with a machinist friend rebuilding skid loader parts. Dealer price: $1180tax, machinist friend: $30 for some select scrap steel.:lol:

Finally got the truck out of the shop today. It was out of commission ALL WEEK! Sucked!

Everything's in order now though which is nice. I ran right afterwards and put on the new top, painted and set in the plywood, and got everything put back in the boxes. I'll take some pics tomorrow when I finally get back to work.

I do not enjoy idle time...

It dwizzled off and on all day. Not a big money day but I wiped 4 little jobs off the schedule without getting soaked and dumped the truck. End of the day while positioning to reconnect to the chipper I bailed off the truck to check proximity of pintle to ring and smashed my kneecap into the edge of the chip box. I rolled around in the driveway moaning and cursing for a minute, staggered up reconnected and parked the rig. Now I am gimping around. Tomorrow is the annual Music and Blossom Festival and parade. I'm supposed to give a photog bucket rides for aerial pics of the parade/floats/crowds. Supposed to rain. Sounds extra fun huh?:D

Just heading out to do my first tree job since last summer. A couple of under 40' spruces but I am pumped about it. Could probably flop them both but I'm gonna climb the bigger one just for the enjoyment. I'll take my camera so you guys can have a chuckle over what I'm so jacked about.

Rain only let up about the time I said we're done. Light drizzle all day. I talked the HO into a couple fires instead of staging as he pulled a permit yesterday. Felt good to cover some ground on that road today but not so good as we just wanted a day off due to rain. He seemed pleased, paid and scheduled two more days in August. We're beat and Katy is going to go pick up pizza. Levi came with us this time and had a blast digging in the mud and burning sticks. I had him picking up all the annoying little branches from pruning baby ponderosa :P

Spent all day at the master gardeners spring fair. One of the busiest i've been to. One day down, one to go

Attachments

• spring fair 09 001.jpg
    spring fair 09 001.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 6
  • spring fair 09 002.jpg
    spring fair 09 002.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 4
Back