How'd it go today?

Chunked out about a 90' Douglas fir stick about 4' from the high wires in about 4 hours.

I'm pretty whooped and sore for the first time in a long time.

44 to the 66 to the 88 but it was dull so I had to go back to the 66.

Groundmen who send up dull saws should be beaten with them. ;)

Yeah, you shoulda seen the knots coming up.
Some serious ranchero jazz going on.

Whatever, it wasn't a tree crew but probably like 5 dudes off
the corner that day. I usually chat with them in spanish.
They tell me that they're painters, waiters, bakery workers.
One guy had wingtips on, another some cool sneaks.
Rarely Cien porciento Arbolero ni Bosquero.

So I like to have a clean truck. 2 days ago the engine and chassis had gotten Simple Green'd and steam cleaned.

This morning I walked out and looked under the interior kick panel. There was 10 years of sand and dirt underneath the vinyl floor. So out came the seat, floor, and some interior parts. They got vacuumed, Simple Green'd and pressure washed. The floor got wiped down with SG and a damp cloth, and compressed air to get out anything else. It all looks brand new.

Some laugh, but I look at it as preventative maintenance. I live in the rust belt, and I HATE rust. I figure this will save 1.) a smelly truck, 2.) rust repair, 3.) paint....and it just feels better driving a tidy vehicle.

I finished the day off with an OK on a bid. Woo hoo.

Brendon, I'll be up that way all next week working with Erik. Maybe you can come join up with us for a day and I'll let you clean my truck as well. It's only been about 2 years. :lol:

Besides, I might need some help teaching Erik how to tie a tautline hitch and maybe you can help him teach me how to start a chainsaw. :|:

Brendon, I am using Chassis Saver. Its not cheap but a few local body guys swear it makes time stand still for metal. I paid $97 bucks a gallon for it. You have to cover it with something (clear coat, rustoleum) or it gets grey and ashy in a few years. I'm using it because i dont have the money to buy new trucks and I try to make the best of what i have.

Been so long since I tied a TLH, I don't htink I remember...

On the saw, see you stick you fingers in that chain thingie, and then...

Brendon, I'll be up that way all next week working with Erik. Maybe you can come join up with us for a day and I'll let you clean my truck as well. It's only been about 2 years. :lol:

Besides, I might need some help teaching Erik how to tie a tautline hitch and maybe you can help him teach me how to start a chainsaw. :|:

Up this way??? Bring the PITA PC, and I'll takes a peak at it, while I'm in town :D This also means another meet and greet must be arranged.

Bringing in the second string since I'm going back on injured reserve?:P:P:P

Getting scoped on my knee on Monday again after a chunk of loose shite got stuck in the joint space.

Yeah... I said F' it after the first tree. Trying to hold a good footing, even just to body thrust up a big wide stem, takes a lot of care when the tree is like that. I try not to work in the rain, but I thought I could get a little done this morning during the small break we had from the torrents that came this after noon.

Makes ya wuanna put on dem hooks an git er dun!!!! :P

I have some more to do, but I'm saving it for Sunday. It's supposed to clear up by then.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lyhyk0KbaKk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lyhyk0KbaKk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

jus kidding8)

:lol:

Saw you this morning, going to grind stumps.

You going to Charlotte? Don't make me repost that chicken vid! :P

Went to take down one of the Bull pines on that job today for pre-install line clearance. The other was put on hold due to the hawks. They will be trying to get a variance till the hawks hatch and move out. SUCKED. I got part way up the tree, cut a spur and low and behold. A wood pecker or squirrel nest. Friggen tree about hollow and I don't know how much. Was not too worried about it as I was not going to shock the sucka, just bomb it. Then as I was killing large numbers of ants whilst ascending the trunk... I was getting bit... Looked up... Lets say the bark was moving all the way up the tree. My rope was also moving.. They were swarming.. Pissed off biting ants that were falling off the tree cause I disturbed them cutting and ending up down my neck, chest and back eating me alive. I descended, apologized to the homeowner and I told her I would be hooking her up with a gentleman with a bucket truck. ;)
She could have a service drop done, but the tree will take out others she wants to keep and possibly brush the power lines that service the area. Better a bucket. Finished dropping trees for the day, got payed and booked 10 more days on her property this year alone :D Check came in the mail today for a mistletoe job also I did few weeks ago :D Turned out to be a good day after all ... Gawd but I hate ants.

Theres a guy in town that got his liscense and started tree work in august. He's been advertising that he will beat any written bid significantly. I got a call to come look at a job he started. he bid 1800 to remove, haul and grind a 90' pine surrounded by concrete, remove and haul a 40" white oak, and remove and haul a double leader 80-90' poplar. He can't climb so he fell 1 poplar leader busting the leach line a plastic shed and hand rail. This tree requires a permit as it's within 100' of the river and he didnt get one. He brushed out the oak and as much of the pine as his 40' lift would reach. hasn't been back in 2 days, his mini excavator and lots of brush left. Homeowner paid him $500 bucks already and wanted to know what i would charge to finish the pine and oak. $2600 bucks! My former employer was there this morning and bid $2700! HE's not a happy camper at the moment:)
On the bright side, I picked up a few days of work and still have several bids to do monday!

nah....peapods bday weekend8):P

Bring her to see Josephine Hedger for her B-day! You gonna do the GRCS balloon ride?

Went and chipped a bunch of yellow pine in the rain today. A good three hours worth of chipping. I noticed my bottom feed roller was stalling though, which I'm worried about. The machine supposedly has new bearings, and I try to keep the bottom hatch open for debris to come out and not jam it. I wonder if it's the hydro motor... :whine:

Andrew, could it just be stuff gumming up in there from the wet chipping?

I don't think there is anything in there jamming it... I had the bottom hatch open, and I poked around to make sure nothing was caught. I could be missing something though because I never looked WAY in there. When I go out to finish a job tomorrow, it should be nice and dry, so I'll see if it's still stalling then. It's really wet and nasty out today.

I hope you're right about the wet causing a problem. We clogged the chute once even with me trying to be hyper vigilant about it. ...oh well... I made money! :D

My in-laws hired a cleaning service for us as a baby shower gift. I didn't really like the idea at first, but they did a really good job cleaning. They actually organized a bunch of stuff and did some minor re-arranging of furniture.

My wife is on cloud nine, which means I am happy too...:)

My in-laws hired a cleaning service for us as a baby shower gift. I didn't really like the idea at first, but they did a really good job cleaning. They actually organized a bunch of stuff and did some minor re-arranging of furniture.

My wife is on cloud nine, which means I am happy too...:)

Maybe they're trying to tell you something... :/:

Back