How'd it go today?

Ahhh, that's a shame. But if they weren't famous we'd probably have never heard about it. Lots of people die doing all sorts of things. Still for serious skiing I wear a brain bucket, for lollygagging around I mostly don't.

I will next time. Natasha Richardson did cross my mind as I was looking up at the sky trying to feel if all my parts had sensation.

I'd wear the proper PPE.

Traditionally helmets aren't worn, but it's definetly more and more common. I hear ya though, getting hurt or killed would suck bigtime. In my serious skiing days I suffered a few concussions which made me find a snazzy helmet to wear. The couple, few times a year I go now though I don't wear one but will admit I probably should.

I killed a bunch of trees and got payed money. It was good.

I went skiing on Monday because I am the boss and I wanted to. I got jinxed by the rental guy who asked me for the first time if I wanted to rent a helmet. I did not(fool) and proceeded to take two head slamming falls on the hill. Laying down on my back now, I cannot lift the weight of my own head. My mellon isn't even as big as Carl's and I can't get it airborne unless roll over on my stomach and do a push up to get up. I am a dork. Now I have to go through my work week with a floppy head. I think I'll tie a few helium balloons to my Petzl to keep my head up.

You wern't digging your phone out when you wrecked, were you? If so, my plan worked..... twice:D

Lost a climber today, ( he walked off), but hey tommorow's another day and I get to finish the tree tommorow.
why cant people finish the damn tree and quit at the end of the day?

Today is day 3 no cigarettes for my wife and me. I'm slurping on these Commit lozenges and they are making all the difference. My wife claims they burned her throat and she is going cold turkey. My house is not a nice place to be this week.

Good luck! I used both the patch and the gum.

Attachments

• seventysixdollars.JPG
    seventysixdollars.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 71
Good for you Chris. Use whatever you gotta use.
I am working on my Vermeer 2465 today. The linear acuator that moves the motor to tighten the V-belt that acts as the clutch went out the last time I used it. I called the Vermeer dealer in Livermore and was told it would be $1,367 and it would take 18 days to get it. So I decided to take it apart and see if it was something that could be fixed inside. The shaft with the threads was worn out and also the "nut" which is a bunch of balls that rotate were messed up too. My cousin looked up in his Grainger catalog and they had a acuator that I think will bolt right in place, so I ordered one of those. It is supposed to be in by 9:00 tomorrow morning and is $435.

Haha, good on ya guys, so long as you don't kill each other this week, you'll probably live longer:lol:

We knocked out a bee tree this am dark and early. bee keeper said it was a large nest, 2 boxes. One little bugger climbed my pant leg and stung my thigh. Sure glad I don't wear boxers!

Did a news interview a little bit ago on chainsaw safety as some wood carver on the coast (Brookings) ran a saw across his neck and died!

Finished up homework, and now sitting around bored. My rope should be in by tomorrow or Saturday, so Spring Break should be fun splicing up some new gear! Just 2 more days!

Paid for a plasma cutter and ground 2 stumps to finish a tree job from last week. Got paid and money in da bank. 8)

Working up a contract now, will get it signed on the way to class. :)

Whatcha gunna do wif da plasma cutter, Carl? :/:

Bad news on the carver dude, Willie. Another reminder that complacency kills. Did you move the bees or kill them?

Steve, most chipper parts are off-the-shelf stuff from other industries. Vermeer is horrible about jacking up prices on simple stuff. They charged my buddy $80 for a frikkin air filter cover last year. Not the whole canister, just the access cover that fell off and was lost when he forgot to tighten it back down one day. Hopefully that actuater is the same unit that Vermeer uses, but without the Vermeer price.

Tucker (Chris?)-
Congrats on quitting smoking. I quit about 6 years ago. I bought the nicotine patches but only used them about 3 days. I bought a couple big bags of Jolly Rancher hard candies and kept them with me all day every day for about a month. The big thing was having something in my mouth other than a cigarette. Best of luck to you both.

By the way Chris, there's another thread you need to see. Click on the 'unread posts' button up at the top right of the page. The thread that needs your attention will be in the top 5-6. ;)

Today I measured, bought and installed 80' of privacy fence by myself. I agreed to the job back when work was slow. Not a bad gig, the fence panels got a bit heavy toward the end of the day though. Took about 6-6.5 hours.

Haha, good on ya guys, so long as you don't kill each other this week, you'll probably live longer:lol:

We knocked out a bee tree this am dark and early. bee keeper said it was a large nest, 2 boxes. One little bugger climbed my pant leg and stung my thigh. Sure glad I don't wear boxers!

Did a news interview a little bit ago on chainsaw safety as some wood carver on the coast (Brookings) ran a saw across his neck and died!

cool...got pics? How did dude remove the hive? See...honey bee stings aint that bad;) good job bro8)

Brian, I thought they weren't like that because their prices on chipper knives are pretty good. The acuators are not exactly the same because the electric motor is in a different position. I'll see if it will fit tomorrow.

Damn Darin, Glad you're ok.
I'd never think to wear a helmet snowboarding, but then it wasn't in wide use then.

Quitting smoking, Good job and Good Luck.

I stayed on the ground and ran the hobbs all day, it was a scorcher at 67.

Back