How'd it go today?

This morning I took down a Maple for grandma that had a big hanger in it. Came home and pondering a purchase of a 2002 Chevy 2500HD with 55k miles...I'm just scared that gas in gonna get crazy again next year. It's a gorgeous truck my friend got for a deal from a guy getting divorced, and I'll pay what he paid. Fell asleep and just woke up to it snowing.

Attachments

• greg chevy.jpg
    greg chevy.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 46
Gas will be cheap for at least a year, probably much longer. But money will be tight. Sweet truck but don't take on more payments right now unless you absolutely must. Future income will probably drop.

Gas will be cheap for at least a year, probably much longer. But money will be tight. Sweet truck but don't take on more payments right now unless you absolutely must. Future income will probably drop.

I think Brian nailed this one!!!
I am scared to death over buying the mini right now, but the deal was too good to pass up.

That's what was deterring me, I got rid of all payments except one, and it's a good feeling. It's just such a deal it got me thinking.....he only payed 8 g's for it.

Yea, your truck sounds like a deal you shouldn't pass up. Oh, and mine had 125,000 miles on it.

I have a '99 Silverado 1500 with 405k on it right now. Still runs daily with no problems loaded with tools, one of my guys drives it 50 miles round trip daily with no worries.

In fact of the 4 pickups I own and run daily mine has the least mileage at 140k. Mileage doesnt scare me.

That truck is a sick deal.

Brendon's truck is way uncomfy for 30+ min trips for fellows my size. There was about enough room between us to put a loaf of bread.

Plus I remember you saying someone would buy your truck eh? Nearly cut that truck in half?

Diesels rock. My goal for my Jetta is to get it to the 1,000,000 mile mark. 55,000 down so far... 189,000 so far in the f350.

I held out for the longest time waiting for a small diesel truck to come onto the US market. ...waited...waited... Eventually, my ol' S-10 just had to go, so I got a car. I dunno about a full size as a daily driver. Maybe if you planned on incorporating a trailer into your arsenal... I would see if a small diesel truck comes out soon. I mean... someone needs to with all this automaker revolutionizing their ways hype going on. :roll:

If I was your guys's age and could, I'd be buying that Chevy and beating the living hell out of it while having the time of my life. :)

You're not too much older. I have 3 sisters that are older than you.

My more naive side agrees though.:rockhard:

If you can wrench them they will run forever until the price for repairs exceeds the value of the vehicle . The old F-250 beater has around 256 thou .A few tires , a 350 dollar tranny, a muffler or two . 900 bucks price ,14-15 years ago .The old goat owes me nothing .Besides that the old clunker isn't completely dead yet .Just hauled a load of wood with it ,running on 5 out of 6 cylinders .One was napping .;)

You're not too much older. I have 3 sisters that are older than you.

My more naive side agrees though.:rockhard:

Heck I was doing it when I was your age, but never with as nice of a truck.:lol:

And you don't have to be naive to party hard and have a good time, I've no regrets and certainly some might say I 'wasted' years of my life.;)

id buy it also, you could pull the chipper with it on occasion if you didnt want to use the big truck. my 4wd toyota didnt get very good milage. i doubt youd notice much difference in cost

Back