How'd it go today?

Job went great today.. That first tree the TD was hollow for the most part and filled with acorns from wood peckers. Chit, one limb was solid for about 6 feet of acorns.... Makes ya wonder if that was all that was holding it up...:lol::lol:
Didn't have to lower anything as I just had to top the one sucka over a gravel drive and fence. The other side a field. Just made the tree short enough to drop her and not hit the guy line and electric panel in the field. NP.
Katy went with us and shot some pics. Soon as I get them figured out I will post them in the other work pic thread. Home owner paid for bucking it up etc and today was a burn day so we could burn the brush as we went. :D

First, I got my GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 and realized I'll never go smaller.... if it's not a full size truck.... it's not a TRUCK imo. A yoda is like a teenager aspiring to be a man but just isn't quite there.:D

Second, I haven't done a damn thing all day and I'm loving it!!! Go Broncos!!!

Dude, for $5k, buy the damn thing already!!! Seriously, BUY IT!!!! BUY IT NOW!!!! F THE INSURANCE!!! This is a buy of a lifetime!!!

15-18 mpg. I don't pay that much attention to mpg. I accepted the fact that I buy a lot of gas and I always will so it is what it is and thats that.

How's that for a misuse of cheesy cliche's eh?;)

Slow start today, had a major migraine headache last night. Dropped a Ash tree that was between 2 buildings, no clean up. Then 2 elm tree's, going good till we blew a hydro line on the grab truck. O-well just my luck....:lol:

I can't speak for what the 6.0 in a 3/4 ton gets personally, but in my work truck, the Chevy you saw, I am averaging 16.5-17 with just over 44,000 on the clock. Bear in mind, I have the extra weight of the parts I carry, plust the weight of the upfitted gear.

For those that don't know what I am driving, it's an 08 1500 w/t with a 4.3 liter, auto, and 3.73 rear end, with a moderately heavy lead foot on acceleration, and heavy city driving.

Aww the teenager becomes a man. lol

Just kidding bro, he he.

You won't regret it.

well i got rid of the oak log from thursday and collected a check. had lunch after church with the wife and her grama at red robins. my wifes favorite spot and where we had our first date. (and many more)

well i got rid of the oak log from thursday and collected a check. had lunch after church with the wife and her grama at red robins. my wifes favorite spot and where we had our first date. (and many more)

Ha! I can see you two love birds sipping strawberry lemonades now.

Those are good cooties Willie, like you didn't already know that. Just returned from a birthday party for my stepdaughter and oldest daughter at the step daughter's house. Awesome to see everyone.

Back