How'd it go today?

Local crane operator is contemplatong selling his boom truck....103 feet of live stick plus 27' jib. I told him that if he decides to I'd pass the word.
Willie, The truck you are looking at would probably be more useful with a knuckle loader.

I got the block heater installed in the bucket truck (Thank you most esteemed Mr. Hansen.) bid a job killed a juniper and ground the stump and chipped a brush pile.QUOTE]

You're welcome Stumpie, glad someone could use it.
I pollarded a fruitless mulberry in a back yard that I had bid about 6 months ago. I got a call from my wife that a church in Modesto needed a couple of limbs removed from a tree so I went there and they were building a building and the limbs were going to be in the way. First job today took about 3 hours, second job took about 20 minutes plus driving and the second job paid more money than the first. I finally got paid for one of my apartment jobs that I did last month. If I drank, I would go get drunk.

!4k is pretty good, but if you put out a little more cash and go k-boom, you wouldn't regret it.

Long day today. I had to climb two nasty locusts next to a house. They got lots of good firewood now though, and I'm not any poorer, which is good!

I agree, a kboom would be nicer. Auto crane's aren't known for their heavy duty cycle.

Today's job got moved to tomorrow. Hopefully I can knock them oaks out with a hustle. :)

I think I might be. They had two bids the stump was only accesible through a little walkway, not even 35 inches wide. Stump with some side roots was about 76 inches across. Other bidders have small 25 hp vermeers. They were bidding in the area of 450 500. I did it in 45 minutes clean up an all, for 395.

The others were 4 beech stumps, owner told me it took tree guys 3 days to cut and clean up for 600 bucks, wow. Gone In an 35 minutes. 200 bucks in my pocket

I'm getting interested in it.

I've heard dealers saying they would guarantee a 50% increase on some machines. They will come down, swap wheels, and if it aint x% better they'll take if off and go home.

Going to talk to them about it next week.

It is very smoooth. The wheel has 10 outer teeth. And forty side teeth. It throws some tiny chips. I think it makes clean up easier. I picked up 4 wheelbarrow loads off the big 76 inch stump. It doesn't throw shat like the greenteeth did.

Well twice in the same week I had a wardrobe malfunction. Today it was a major tear out of the crotch of my pants. Tuesday I didn't loosen my Sequoia saddle nearly enough and when I slid it off my pants came with it and it took me a bit to retrieve my britches and get them back up. It might just be time for me to switch to my carhart bib.

yikes. any witnesses? didja show them the 'dont tell anyone' face? :)

Attachments

• wintermonkey.jpg
    wintermonkey.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 9
haha we told the new guy today that we voted to wear bibs, that way we wouldnt have to look at his boot crack:lol:

Back